Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The 21st Century Stones Show
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: February 26, 2006 22:32

After revisiting the Rio video, I'm reminded of the importance of actually BEING THERE and absorbing the whole event that a Stones concert has become.

I saw only one concert, and that was back in 1981. The thing that I remember was not so much the songs, or the quality of performance, but simply being caught up in the joy of the atmosphere.

When MJ shouts out, "Are you having a good time?", that's not just showmanship. He WANTS the audience to have a good time, and deliver the goods, which in 2006 hasn't changed one bit. If anything, it's gotten even better.

At Rio, the band sounds great, the crowd is well-behaved, and everyone, including the band, is having a good time. It's simple to say, but in these days VERY difficult to pull off.

A 21st century Stones show is more than lights and sound -- it creates magic, which is why they keep going.

Re: The 21st Century Stones Show
Posted by: keithfan64 ()
Date: February 27, 2006 00:48

I agree completely with your post regarding Stones' concerts. Just to be in the same place at the same time with the the Stones and absorb the waves of positive energy is empowering. No performer has ever been able to connect with his audience on a personal level nearly as well as Mick Jagger. Elvis came close, but he was perhaps too shy to reach out in the way that Mick does. And no individual has ever personified his own philosophical outlook on life as well as Keith Richards on stage. The band is rock 'n roll and everything affirmative and liberating that that term brings to mind.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: February 27, 2006 00:50

Thats the point exactly...they are playing GREAT. My last show was Baltimore, on 01 February 06, and I CANT WAIT til Radio City!

Rock on men!

JR

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: February 27, 2006 05:18

bump

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1464
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home