Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

JJF is played..riots still going..
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: February 24, 2006 04:49

Its chaos right now.

Re: JJF is played..riots still going..
Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: February 24, 2006 04:56

Rooster - where'd you hear this? I'm trying to get reports from Yahoo.ar but babelfish isn't really helping my 7th grade-level yanqui spanish.

When was the last time there was a riot at a Stones show? Sir Morgan's Cove, Worcester '81?

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: February 24, 2006 04:58

Edit: Just realized Troubador posted this in the other thread.

Rolling Stones Fans Clash With Police

The Associated Press
Thursday, February 23, 2006; 9:22 PM

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina -- Rowdy fans trying to enter a concert by the Rolling Stones without having tickets fought running battles with police Thursday and authorities said at least 20 people were injured.

Dozens of the fans were detained, police reported.

The clashes broke out when scores of fans were stopped by police at the entrances to the Monumental soccer stadium where Mick Jagger and his band were to perform later.

Police fired rubber bullets and used water cannons and clubs. The fans replied by throwing rocks and bottles at police.

Local television showed the fans being chased by police in the streets.

The Emergency Medical Service reported that at least 20 people were injured, including a television cameraman with a bleeding head.

Police had reinforced security at the stadium after minor incidents had already occurred at the Stones' first concert here Tuesday. More than 50,000 people wearing Stones T-shirts and wagging-tongue tattoos attended that concert. A similar crowd was expected Thursday night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-24 05:00 by JuanTCB.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: February 24, 2006 04:59

Maybe Rain fall down has been played!I hear rubber bullets been shot..and..its out of..reports say different things.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: February 24, 2006 05:04

Thats why

At a press conference immediately following the Super Bowl, Jagger announced that the Stones would restructure their future concerts into two fifteen-minute sets with a half-hour intermission between them. During that intermission fans will be entertained with concert footage from vintage Stones tours, 1969-1972.

[www.pugbus.net]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1632
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home