Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Best songs from the Rio concert!
Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: February 20, 2006 09:32

Midnight Rambler
Night Time Is The Right Time
This Place Is Empty
Sympathy For The Devil
Rain Fall Down

I wasn't expectig any of those songs to be the best. Great surprise, great show!

"Too many roads lead to nowhere
But how they twist and they turn
And a dead end and a dusty old strip mall
Where your tires are all shredded and burned"

- Driving Too Fast

Re: Best songs from the Rio concert!
Posted by: swsfo ()
Date: February 20, 2006 09:36

Great show for the Stones - they were all on for the night and it shows. Ronnie Wood shined on YCAGWYW - and the crowd loved it!

Posted by: NastyHabits ()
Date: February 20, 2006 12:02

Man, I was there. It was by far the best show I've seen in my life. I was so happy that I cried at the start of almost every song. Everyone in the band was really inspired, the sound was great, there was a party atmosphere... It really impressed me. I didn't expect anything THAT great from the Stones. Before the show I was wondering, will they be nervous for playing for their largest audience ever? Will the setlist be too predictable, since they'll broadcast the show and make a DVD? Not at all.

Maybe I'll write a better report later, but by now I just want to say that I agree with everyone who said Ronnie was specially fantastic, and anyone who saw or listened to this show can't deny his importance to the band. Mick was also in his best, and for me his singing in "Wild Horses" was the most amazing thing of the show. I was in tears through the entire song.

Another surreal moment was "Midnight Rambler" - it was bold to play such a long, difficult, and relatively unpopular song in front of that enormous crowd, but Mick managed to hold more than one million people in tension through all the breaks. Other highlights were "It's only Rock'n'Roll" (fast and sleazy, and with "Miss You" ("surprise" intro, Darryll kicking ass, a sea of people jumping and chanting in unison), and "You Can't Always Get What You Want" (the voice/guitar interplay).

I can hardly wait for the DVD. This show is a must-have.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: February 20, 2006 12:08

WH & TPIE.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 20, 2006 12:34

Midnight Rambler
Night Time
Sympathy For The Devil

As much as I hate to admit it in case they read this and feel encouraged to keep playing it, I thought even You got Me Rocking was very good.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: February 20, 2006 12:39

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> As much as I hate to admit it in case they read
> this and feel encouraged to keep playing it, I
> thought even You got Me Rocking was very good.

LOL, agreed on MR. Mick was showboating on the harmonica tho!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 20, 2006 12:48

I loved the way Mick restarted "Night Time" at the end (hes done that a few times on this tour).. a few more minutes of that would have been most welcome

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: February 20, 2006 14:51

Midnight Rambler and Night Time were my absolute highlights!
MR is my favorite live song and i just love night time, great song!!!!

Also the beginning of Rough Justice is hilarious. The look at Keith face, priceless!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: stonesctl ()
Date: February 20, 2006 15:56

the knife sharpened, tippy-toed...

I'll even go on to say that I even enjoyed Satisfaction... Keith looked like he was on a mission to do a wire-to-wire phenomenal show, and he did!

Posted by: johang ()
Date: February 20, 2006 17:20

Midnight Rambler is the only song to look forward to see, then this show will be in the shelf.

Posted by: midrambler ()
Date: February 20, 2006 17:33

I want that f$%&&% DVD

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: February 20, 2006 18:03

NastyHabits, you got it right...It's Only Rock n' Roll was fast and sleazy...man, were the guitars great.

My only disappointment was Night Time simply because Mick did not go falsetto with the "Ba-By" "Ba-By" at the end (something he had done so well in Milwaukee...see the rs.com virtual ticket performance)

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: February 20, 2006 20:03

Night Time wasn't as remotely intense as I've seen it in the States...

From the AOL feed I thought Sympathy was pretty memorable in Rio... the extended opening with that eerie blood-red screen... perfectly creepy.

Satisfaction rocked the crowd real nice too, great finish.

Actually, everything at rio was at least "okay"

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1600
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home