Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Four Flicks / Live Licks musings
Posted by: dj ()
Date: February 18, 2006 18:59

I've been listening to / watching these recently and made some observations.

1. The Paris show on FF is an EXTREMELY diverse set list. I haven't actually counted all the albums covered, but man this show seemed to hit all the eras. Must have been an awesome show to witness.

2. Next to Brussels affair, the version of Brown Sugar from the B Stage at MSG might be the best version in my collection. Awesome version.

3. I know this has been discussed here ad nauseum, but why in the world didn't they just transcribe the audio of Rocks Off from Twickenham onto the Live Licks CD instead of releasing the abomination which eliminates the best line in the song (...sunshine bores...)?

Re: Four Flicks / Live Licks musings
Posted by: stonesctl ()
Date: February 18, 2006 19:25

agree with all 3 points.

I hate when mick f's up that line on rocks off

Re: Four Flicks / Live Licks musings
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 18, 2006 22:01

dj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>> 3. I know this has been discussed here ad nauseum,
> but why in the world didn't they just transcribe
> the audio of Rocks Off from Twickenham onto the
> Live Licks CD instead of releasing the abomination
> which eliminates the best line in the song
> (...sunshine bores...)?

because

a) for some reason they decide to edit songs on every Stones live album

b) originally there was a longer track listing for this album (about 33 songs), so I assume that several songs were edited to fit 33 songs onto 2 Cds, and then when they decided to reduce the number of songs, they just left the songs that had made the shortlist in the way in which they had already been mixed and edited

c) Most alarmingly - this proves beyond any doubt that the Stones didnt listen to the finished version of the album before authorizing it to be released under their name. A shocking indictment of their attitude towards their own material.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1396
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home