Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Brian Jones death
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 13, 2006 07:24

I'm pasting below a preview for a radio talk show topic regarding a new book about rock and roll myths and legends. As you can see one of the myths explored in the book is regarding the death of Brian Jones.

Has anyone read the book? Or can anyone enlighten me as to what mysteries there are that surrounds his death. Just curious. Thanks. Oh yeah, the syndicated Sunday night radio talk show is the Allan Handleman Show.

This week, Gary Patterson, author of three Rock classics The Walrus Was Paul: The Great Beatle Death Clues, followed by Hellhounds on Their Trail: Tales from the Rock N Roll Graveyard. His latest book, Take a Walk on the Dark Side: Rock and Roll Myths, Legends, and Curses, is packed with all the great myths and legends of Rock & Roll - stuff that you've talked about with friends for years.

"The stories of the Zeppelin Curse, the Stones, Buddy Holly, Bobby Fuller, Morrison, Hendrix..they are all here. Many of these stories are simply 'whispered myths' that are included with all their mystery to allow the reader to experience them first hand, especially if he/she wasn't there when these stories first made their rounds. I found the retrospective looks at the deaths of Hendrix and Brian Jones especially appealing. The documentation of eyewitnesses who have come forth to tell the true story of what happened to these master musicians is worth the price of the book alone".
Amazon.com

Check out:
[www.rgarypatterson.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1093
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home