Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Primitive Cool Vs She's The Boss
Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: February 12, 2006 17:12

I Don't own either (at this point). Ive only heard a few of tunes. Which is the one to get first? Which wins the album battle of early Jagger Solo Lp's. Both 80's sounding & dated??? Some gems to pull off for a self "mixed compilation"?

Whats the boards view / advice for The MEZ James

Re: Primitive Cool Vs She's The Boss
Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: February 12, 2006 17:14

don't bother.

Date: February 12, 2006 17:19

That Bad eh? Potted Shrimp. Any individual tunes worthy of pulling off? 2-3 even?

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: February 12, 2006 17:31

Both are really good, but, first "she's the boss". all solo albums are so personnal. on "primitive, dave and mick have great 3 songs. The others are full interesting (except one, to my mind) jeff beck guitar is incredible. Don't take care of some "only one" thought.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 12, 2006 19:15

neither is worth having, imo. but Primitive Cool is absolutely horrid, whilst STB is merely lousy.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 12, 2006 20:14

neither of them are a patch on Mick's subsequent solo albums. Both have a few good songs but an unhealthy smattering of dross as well - and neither has aged well.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 12, 2006 20:28

Gazza: what would the good doctor suggest is the proper, healthy smattering of dross?

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 12, 2006 20:36

She's the Boss.But Keef solo albums are far superior.Even the British critics agree on this."File under raw steak" said one paper,and it's true.Blows Jagger away everytime,.

Posted by: Jazzman5 ()
Date: February 12, 2006 23:03

Why not go out and invest in Mick Taylor's first solo CD, and save yourself from what will be dust gathering bombs? Or definitely go out and get all of Keith's solo stuff, including Live at Hollywood Bowl. Wait a while before venturing into the Wingless Angels stuff smiling smiley

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: February 12, 2006 23:09

She's The Boss has a fair number of decent tunes and is definitely worth buying whereas Primitive Cool is the worst bollocks Jagger has ever been involved in.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 12, 2006 23:38

StonesTod Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gazza: what would the good doctor suggest is the
> proper, healthy smattering of dross?

a couple per album is harmless - half an album's worth is an epidemic

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 13, 2006 00:08

I got this funny interview with Mick, recorded while he was on some holiday. I can't remember if it was right after She's The Boss or after Primitive Cool. They walk on a beach, and an icecream-bus stops. The name of the bus is "Charlie's Ice Cream". So Mick and the interviewer buy one, and Mick comments about the name of the bus. I can't remember what he says, but it was something funny. Somebody else might remember?

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: February 13, 2006 00:49

I remember the incident & it was on an OGWT with Mick from '86 filmed in Barbados but can't remember the actual comment without going back over the tape.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: February 13, 2006 00:58

She's the Boss is ok becuase of Jeff Beck but I wouldn't even take Primitive Cool if it were free.

Such a bust

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: February 13, 2006 01:07

I would pick SHE'S THE BOSS, but PARTY DOLL from PRIMITIVE COOL is the best song on both these 2 collections.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 13, 2006 01:07

I find She's The Boss slightly better than Primitive Cool. But PC is not completely trash. Say You Will, Peace For The Wicked and Kow Tow are allright.
I find these 2 albums very good to do workout. They're not good enough to sit and listen to, but if you want some kind of rythm on the CDplayer, that you don't have to pay THAT much attention to, they work well. Especially Goodess In The Doorway. When I play "Let's Work" while doing excersice, I feel like a 80s-parody in a good-way. It's like doing being in a comedy-sketch.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-13 01:08 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: February 13, 2006 01:37

I have both on cassette but I'll pick PC just because of Throwaway. Love that tune! smiling smiley

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: February 13, 2006 01:41

just say no to both, wandering spirit and gimme some neck are the ony solo ones you need.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: February 13, 2006 01:42

As much as I LOVE Mick, the live solo shows from the 80's are embarrassing! Proves there are NO Rolling Stones concerts w/out Mick, Keith, and Charlie ( and of course Chuck, haha).

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: February 13, 2006 03:37

James Lynn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I Don't own either (at this point).

And surely you can utilize Limewire to satisfy any curiosity regarding the two, while spending the money on Wandering Spirit (if you haven't already).
grinning smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 13, 2006 03:44

Mez, there are some good songs on both. E-mail me and I'll fix you up a decent list. I've made a Mick mix, but included some other stuff (You're So Vain, Pretty Lady, Dancin' In The Streets, etc.) as well as solo Mick. Lots of garbage, but some really good stuff, too.

Date: February 13, 2006 03:57

Thanks as always Elmo! Always trust your compilations SKMan! MEZ

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 13, 2006 04:03

Really enjoyed the CD's. Thanks, MEZ.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1589
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home