Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Performances
Posted by: RRMan03 ()
Date: February 6, 2006 21:34

I have had it with the Stones bashers.I do not give a damn about the mix,Ronnies playing,the setlist and the reviews.I have been a fan since the 60's so who the f*** are you bashers to pretend to know anything about the band.Do you travel with them? Do you make the setlist.Do you really know anything F***ing thing period.If you do not want to see or hear them throw away your CD's do not buy tickets to shows and especially shut the F*** up.When they are finished with their careers you will still be bitching while they are all on the beach getting a tan.I for one enjoy every minute I get to see these guys play and rembember nothing last forever and everything changes.

Re: Stones Performances
Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: February 6, 2006 21:39

well said!

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: February 6, 2006 21:41

I agree RRMan03; I am also a diehard Stones fan but as far as I'm concerned, I
sort of equate the naysayers with sportsfans who are of the opinion "If I pays
my money, I can complain" method. It smells of "fair weather fans" who are
here today and gone tomorrow, while you and I are true blue fans, know every song and lyric, will travel to see them, and bleed Stones red. It's like the old
saying.."With fans like them, who needs enemies".

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: February 6, 2006 22:13

RIGHT ON!

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: February 6, 2006 22:24

The good thing about fair weather fans is that they are gone tomorrow. Any one who puts in the effort to slag off the Stones obviously doesn't know anything about them or about music in general.If anyone knew anything about music they would know that without the Stones, music today would have been shaped differently. And for the worse. For those lily livered, good for nothing, wingers, all music comes from somewhere in the past. Educate yourselves before you throw the first stone. (no pun intended)

Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: February 6, 2006 22:25

Well said RRMan03,don't believe for one minute it'll stop the moaners & groaners though.
I hav'nt been to a bad show yet,& I dont see its gonna be any different when the guys hit Wembley.Just watched the Superbowl show & thought it was spot on.

No doubt in my mind - still top of the tree - no equals,past,present or future.

As for the Ronnie bashers - get a grip,Ronnies stayin put.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 6, 2006 22:28

I dont see much evidence of 'bashing' on this board to be honest about last night's performance. I get the impression that most people thought they were on very good form and were happy with how the band performed. A bit of an over-reaction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-06 22:29 by Gazza.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: February 6, 2006 22:42

The overall impression I got is overwhelmingly enthusastic regarding the Super Bowl performance but I think a distinction must be made between 'bashing' and constructive criticsm. I know the band is, or has been, capable of better performances than they gave last night and on this tour so what's wrong with wanting them to live up to the standard they are capable of unless of course one is willing to settle for less? I don't buy into this "there in their 60s now" as an excuse either. I mean, look at Mick. I should be so healthy at 62!

Posted by: theboys ()
Date: February 6, 2006 23:06

Mick is. . .well Mick! There's no one like him. Even my wife (not a big stones fan) commented that he has a body build like a 'young guy'.

Given that all 3 songs were rockers, in hindsight probably one slightly slower song in the mix - maybe a Tumblin' Dice or Beast of Burden flavor instead would have been a better balance, but who am I? Loved 'em none the less. BTW, who won the game?

And as for the NFL bleeping Mick, totally ridiculous. Come on NFL, they're the STONES for @#$%^ sake!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 6, 2006 23:17

theboys Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
BTW, who won the
> game?
>

The Rolling fĂșcking Stones did!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1465
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home