Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rough Justice a great Pick
Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: February 6, 2006 05:55

Glad they played this one. It seems to fit well between the two well known songs. I truely think the Stones will have put this song up there and now will get more airplay and boost album sales. Also a nod to the band... They put their reputation on the line today in front of thier biggest ever audience. BILLIONS of veiwers and they did it. I am proud!

Re: Rough Justice a great Pick
Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: February 6, 2006 06:17

Yeah...I was surprised...It will do absolutely nothing for airplay or album sales...anyone who wants that album has got it already...

However, it was an unexpected tip of the hat to us fans to play something new and totally unknown to the general population...it's basically Mick's desire to always be relevant and not part of a museum...a good life lesson.

I still think that bravado about 1 Billion people watching the Superbowl is total fluff and P.R. work from the NFL...

There are only about 270 million people in the U.S...if they get 25% of everyone in the U.S. that's 67 million people...who are the other 933 Million people watching...most of which are in different time zones sleeping?

PECMAN

Posted by: JamesBurton ()
Date: February 6, 2006 07:00

<<>It will do absolutely nothing for airplay or album sales...anyone who wants that album has got it already...>>>

<<<I still think that bravado about 1 Billion people watching the Superbowl is total fluff and P.R. work from the NFL...>>

Can't disagree with you more. The purpose of playing the Super Bowl was to garner publicity for the band and attempt to bring in a whole new legion of fans, particularly in the lucrative under 25 market. With a strong performance tonight, sales should do well as has been the case for most every artist that has played the Super Bowl in the past several years. Expect a 200-1000% increase in sales for a few weeks on key albums, greatest hits, and hopefully ABB.

With regard to the 1 billion, that may be an exaggeration, but not a gross one. There are certainly not 1 billion people watching at any given time, but rather it is rebroadcast in prime time in numerous countries. It is actually surprising how it has slowly become a tradition in countries where American football is still neither well known or regarded. I remember well a Super Bowl party in Sweden that I attended. Nothing like a World Cup to them, but it is a growing phenomenon and does reach an enormous audience.

Let's just hope many people around the globe become as captivated by the Stones as the people on this board and those who already buy their albums. I was worried that they would come across as a profiteering, washed-up oldies act tonight, but they played with a vigor that would have you believe it was 1978 all over again.

The band should capture this energy in the form of an album while they still have the chance. And on the tail of ABB, another Some Girls is far from an impossibility.

"You look like a leper dressed as Sergeant Pepper"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-06 07:01 by JamesBurton.

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: February 6, 2006 07:40

"It will do absolutely nothing for airplay or album sales...anyone who wants that album has got it already..."

Yeah but they reach a new audience with the Superbowl. Most sports nuts who are glued to their sets for this are just casual music fans. But next time they go to music shop and they see ABB or any stones record for sale they will remember and buy it if it impressed them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1485
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home