Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Turin, Stadio Comunale, 11th July 1982. Just a few questions...
Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: February 3, 2006 18:17

Big day… Day of the Football World Cup’s final “battle”, in Madrid. Italia- Germany. At which point of the show did Mick inform the crowd about the final score? What exactly did he say? In enlgish or italian language? Which song did the Stones perform in the moment of Mick’s announcement or before/after it ? What happened in the stadium after the announcement? (OK, i can imagine the correct answer to my last question…). Detailes please!!!…
Thanks a lot (Grazie ragazzi…)

Re: Turin, Stadio Comunale, 11th July 1982. Just a few questions...
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 3, 2006 18:31

The show took place a few hours BEFORE the game (which kicked off in the evening off 11th July) - had they scheduled the concert DURING it, I doubt they'd have had much of a crowd left!

so, Jagger didnt tell the crowd the score - he PREDICTED it...in Italian (I dont know the translation exactly but in English it was "tonight, you'll win 3-1")

So, if youre at a show in Europe this year and Mick decides to predict the result of an upcoming World Cup tie, rush out to the nearest betting shop!

The Stones played the same venue the next day, and instead of Bill Graham introducing the band at the start of the show, they had Italian World Cup star Claudio Gentile doing the honours - who, as a Juventus player, was back in his own club's stadium of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-03 18:33 by Gazza.

Date: February 3, 2006 19:28

Thanks a lot Gazza! When i was posting this i though: "The first answer will come from an italian fan or from Gazza". Man, you're the universal fan...

Some points:

(1) Are you fully convinced that Mick's prediction would be the same IF the Stones were playing at Berlin or another city of Germany in the evening off 11th July? I doubt...

(2) You say "had they scheduled the concert DURING it, I doubt they'd have had much of a crowd left!". You're right, it was the final game. If my memory is correct, in 1990 the Stones were playing Wembley during the game England- Germany in Italy. I had read somewhere that England scored (1:1) during a Ronnie's solo on "Almost Hear You Sigh". Is that correct Gazzamoody smiley According to this article in Wembley suddenly there was general exultation (a lot of radios in the audience, i suppose). Who knows, perhaps then Ronnie thouhg: "Oh, this must be my best solo ever!".

(3) "Tonight, you'll win 3-1", i think is "sta sera la vostra sguadra vincera 3-1"...

(4) 1982, what a game... I'll NEVER, NEVER FORGET Tardeli's celebration after the second goal!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 3, 2006 19:44

(1) No..LOL...but then after beating the best team in the competition (Brazil), maybe he knew Italy were going to win

(2) On the tape of the Wembley concert, (4th July) you can hear a HUGE roar during Almost Hear you Sigh. A while later (I think during YCAGWYW) theres another big roar as the fans thought England had scored again (the goal was disallowed)

(3) I'll take your word for it. My Italian is a bit rusty, I'll have to work on it before I go back there on holiday in May!

(4)

smiling smiley

Date: February 3, 2006 20:13

I think YCAGWYW was the right song after a disallowed goal...

Posted by: phd ()
Date: February 3, 2006 20:25

Aren't there rumours about the Stones playing in Torino instead of a free concert in Roma.

Date: February 3, 2006 20:30

Oh, i did a mistake. I wrote "sguadra" instead of "squadra". "Squadra Azzura" is the national team of Italy. If you 'll take my word, take the right word...

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 3, 2006 20:34

stickydion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> (3) "Tonight, you'll win 3-1", i think is "sta
> sera la vostra sguadra vincera 3-1"...

I read somewhere that Mick was repeating "tre-uno", "tre-uno" some times
while making a header. True?

> (4) 1982, what a game... I'll NEVER, NEVER FORGET
> Tardeli's celebration after the second goal!

I won´t forget either, the third final ever I watched live (and lost).

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: February 3, 2006 20:37

I have this show on vinyl, "Mundialito 1982", but no recordplayer hooked up nowadays...otherwise I would have checked.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: February 3, 2006 22:27

"I read somewhere that Mick was repeating "tre-uno", "tre-uno" some times
while making a header. True?"

I don't know, TooTough. I just tried to translate Gazza's phrase from English into Italian.

Posted by: Chris D. ()
Date: February 4, 2006 01:10

Exact sentence has been:

"So che vincerete questa sera, Italia 3, Germania 1".

Ciao,
Chris

Date: February 4, 2006 02:09

Thanks Chris D.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1973
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home