Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Europe 2006: expect a great songpool, even in stadiums
Posted by: winter ()
Date: February 3, 2006 23:57

with what the stones have been playing since the break, this is good news for europe!! instead of a shrinking songpool of songs rehearsed, which sometimes takes place after a break, they continue to surprise.

i saw 2 shows in october, and when i went to baltimore 2 days ago, i only expected RFD and TPIE to be different. but no; they played 10-11 songs i didn't see at the other 2 shows. i saw 34 songs over 3 shows (1 stadium, 2 arenas). this means that they are still throwing in surprises and aren't just doing less and less songs to pick from. even the stadium show had WH, OOC, Nighttime, RJ, ONNYA and Dead Flowers. baltimore had LSTNT, PIB, MR, LIS, ADTL, GOMC, GS, TPIE,...

we'll see what happens when they leave the US, but i think the song selection for stadiums/arenas in europe looks like it should be pretty good!! the guitars are still distorted and upfront in the mix for the first time since '81, and in baltimore they even got a good sound in a square box arena that hardly anyone ever plays at. with this new soundcrew they might even pull a miracle at A'dam arena!!

Re: Europe 2006: expect a great songpool, even in stadiums
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 4, 2006 00:16

I heard a rumor they already picked out a setlist for Europe -

01. Start Me Up
02. You Got Me Rocking
03. Its Only Rock N Roll
04. Lets Spend The Night Together
05. Streets Of Love
06. Angie
07. Tumbling Dice
08. Gimme Shelter
09. Slipping Away
10. Happy
11. Miss You
12. Street Fighting Man
13. Like A Rolling Stone
14. Honky Tonk Women
15. Sympathy For The Devil
16. Brown Sugar
17. Jumpin' Jack Flash
18. YCAGWYW
19. Satisfaction

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 4, 2006 00:38

I'm not so sure, winter - the European tour is ALL stadiums and they do tend to play it safer the larger the venue because they have a harder job projecting themselves to people who are so far away

Agree with Dan on the length of the show, however. By the time it hits Europe, its ALWAYS a shorter show.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 4, 2006 01:07

If the setlist looks like that; I hope they read my "warhorse-medley"-suggestion. And if Matt Clifford is not available; ...what the heck, do a playback-show, nobody is gonna notice!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1668
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home