Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

oddities (small) about let it bleed
Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: January 29, 2006 12:48

Why are the titles written on the cover in a different order from the running order?

Why, when I put my CD in my computer, are there comments after the titles of Gimme Shelter: [paranoïa~fear~suspicion] and love in vain: [lost love~break up~unrequited love]?

Anybody noticed these? Not that it's important, but I wonder how these things get there.

Re: oddities (small) about let it bleed
Posted by: KYRIAKOS ()
Date: January 29, 2006 13:10

Never noticed any comments after the titles!!! What's next to 'You got the silver'?

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: January 29, 2006 13:30

nothing, it's only these two. Wonder who takes the pain of writing that? Was it perhaps written besides the titles on the master tapes, and the guy in charge of reediting just copied all that was written? I can't imagine an executive deciding from the top of his head that he'd spell out the meaning of songs for us.

Interesting though that Gimme Shelter is about paranoia. I always took it as a straight-forward fear of Vietnam and so on, and never seen the narrator as being paranoïac, rather as being quite naturally scared.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 29, 2006 13:32

i've wondered at the mistakes in the track list, but never noticed any "comments" (maybe because i never play cds on my computer).
they sound like some kind of "song type" classification or something - curiouser and curiouser!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1535
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home