Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

good guitars versus bad guitars this tour
Posted by: kees ()
Date: January 24, 2006 17:02

How come I read in this tour concert reviews people mentioning often great Keith and Ronnie are/that they are back etc., where as listening to the boots I can only hear two guitarists who unfurtanately have fallen from grace. Is it that the atmosphere of the gig covers up all those mistakes and people have no eye for the fact that much less guitar is played than before by both Keith and Ronnie?
I think everybody with a bit of musical ear can judge this easily. Nothing to do with taste and whether you still like the Stones or not.
Yes, a few mistakes are part of R&R and yes, also during the 81/82 tour a false note could be heard often. But they waived like hell and played off their asses.
Listen to the Cream reunion CD. Clapton plays great guitar, beautiful solo's, better than Keith and Ron combined for the last three tours.

Re: good guitars versus bad guitars this tour
Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: January 24, 2006 17:12

Haven't seen them yet this time 'round and criticizing?
You're in for a good bashing by the "Thou shall praise The Stones" movement, Kees.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 24, 2006 17:17

I got the Cream reunion CD and it bores me stupid. The solo just twiddle on and on......

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: January 24, 2006 19:18

IMO the guitars are more "uneven" this tour than during 40 Licks... I never saw such great guitarwork as the 40 Licks Tour.... so good each song was a concert in itself.

This tour, when they're on they're on like crazy... Jumpin' Jack Flash and Satisfaction at Soldier Field, for example... but it's not every song like 40 Licks, IMO.

It's probably incorrect to just use the terms "good and bad"... "Good" doesn't begin to do justice to 40 Licks and "bad" is too harsh for most songs this tour... maybe "average" or "uneven" is more accurate... and bad occasionally. There's many shades on the rainbow.

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-24 19:25 by BornOnTheBayou.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 24, 2006 19:24

The good news is that the guitars are "front and center" in the mix this tour. The sometimes bad news is that the guitars are "front and center" in the mix this tour.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1383
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home