Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Are IORR Ronnie Haters the worst critics in rock ?
Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: January 20, 2006 11:32

Here you have a guy who has the unenviable job of having to go out on stage and try and excite 50,000 fat-ass CPA's everynight....

And all those CPAs do is gripe about Ronnie, Chuck, Darryl, the setlist, the volume mix...

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Re: Are IORR Ronnie Haters the worst critics in rock ?
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 20, 2006 12:11

'Are IORR Ronnie Haters the worst critics in rock ?'.... and the most boring! Move on......

Posted by: Hot Meat Pie ()
Date: January 20, 2006 12:16

Give Ronnie a break...he still does a great job for the band!

He's a loyal and committed member of the Stones and it's too easy to criticise and take people for granted.

Ronnie Wood is doing just fine.

Steve.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 20, 2006 12:23

Is he?

Is he? (Yes, it is).

Is he?

William Wibble.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: January 20, 2006 14:48

Good question Wibble!It shows total lack of respect for the band mates and the fans to go on stage in the shape he's in! If he could PLAY screwed up we'd not whine, but honestly, when you pay $450 a pop and you see this guy bearing able to stand, posing, making faces and playing the WRONG CHORDS, it is a disgrace. It tells me Mick is committed to HIM! I know Mick has been very kind and compassionate in his treatment of Ronnie, making him go to the various detox institutions, but he can only do so much, Ronnie has to be willing to help himself the rest of the way.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: January 20, 2006 15:40

Many times I said that Ron Wood is a guitar player of enormous abilities. His guitar work during the 75/76 tour belongs to the best what I heard from our band. A perfect synthesis of solo and lead guitar. But Ronnie today? What comes out of his guitar is no music. Wrong notes, bump notes, completely wrong chords (Tumbling Dice!‼ almost on every version during this tour), boring, uninspired solos and no improvement. His mistakes are so massive that he ruins a great deal of songs during a gig. The quite good solos are rare during this tour, e.g. "Beast of Burden" (tour opening, Boston). And I can't hear anymore the jokes about Ronnie Rembrandt, Rehab, Banana Wood and others. He should be a guitar player and no banana or so ...

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: January 20, 2006 15:58

Debra, and other people interested in MUSIC - well, you hear, just as well as I, that this is a @#$%& joke. He cant play.

That doesnt mean that I dont like him. OR his music 70-82. But get a @#$%& grip you who think we are complaing just for fun!!!

This ain´t fun!!! Not funny anymore.

But if most of you think he plays good nowadays - well, then I have to take a good look at myself. Maybe I shouldn´t like the Stones anymore.

Bless you, Debra.

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1671
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home