Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Radio City Music Hall?
Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: January 19, 2006 20:09

I just read the Stones might be playing Radio City on March 14th?

That is aweful...that place is the worst place to see a concert.

Whoever is in charge of that show...should head uptown to a place called The Beacon theatre and book the show there.

PECMAN

Re: Radio City Music Hall?
Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: January 19, 2006 20:16

Why do you think it's so bad... the sight lines are wide open... compared to the typical arena every seat is much closer to the stage.

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 19, 2006 20:17

The Allman Brothers have booked the Beacon March 9-25.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 19, 2006 20:31

This will be a charity show collecting money. Not a club show. With the price level they are aiming at I don't expect many big fans attending. Mostly executives with corporate cash. That's the whole point. Robin Hood Foundation. The stage at RCMH is said to be quite distant but it is a famous venue. Like everybody said the sound at Hollywood Bowl is crab but it was not and everybody want to be there.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: January 19, 2006 20:34

Bornonthebayou,

There is no vibe in that place...it's got rugs and cushy seats...it's like watching a play...there are no seats to stage left or right...the band isn't surrounded by fans.

I've been to a bunch of shows there and the bands constantly stuggle to get it going...it might be good for somebody like Sting or Van Morrison...but the Stones should stay far far away from that place.

PECMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1449
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home