Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ebay
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: January 12, 2006 15:14

Out of curiosty has anybody ever had a decent result with obtaining tickets from Ebay in relation to prices and to the venue they wanted to go to.

Also to BV do you think it would be a good idea on the ticket trade forum to separate the usa and european tickets sections if it was possible to do.

Its only a thought has i realise you probably got egnouth on your plate as it is.

Re: Ebay
Posted by: thor ()
Date: January 12, 2006 15:30

I have used EBAY twice to purchase tickets. During the 40 Licks Tour I bought 2nd Row front seats and paid a premium. On this tour I bought 2 tickets to the Houston show and actually got them for $150 less than face value per ticket....but I waited until the week of the show and that is when you will see the prices egin to drop dramatically.

Re: Ebay
Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: January 12, 2006 16:08

I have used e-bay several times. I got into the Astoria and The Enmore on Licks thru e-bay...and the Enmore was actually cheaper than I expected. I was in the pool circle at the Hollywood Bowl because of e-bay. I have also gotten several others, and have not been stung yet.The thing is though, I never buy from anyone with less than 100 transactions, and they have to have a rating of over 95% happy customers. My experience is the oppsote of Thor, but is biased because of the lead time I need for travel, Many of the tickets I have bought I look into within the day the tickets are sold at out at a venue. With e-bay tickets going on sale 5-6 months or more in advance of a show, often bidding is sparse and a low bid will go through. You do have to temper your desire with a realistic budget though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1779
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home