Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How can I stop
Date: December 30, 2005 02:23

Does anyone know if this song has been played live? If so, is there a boot with it?

Re: How can I stop
Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: December 30, 2005 02:31

14th Jan 1998 NEW YORK CITY MSG

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Date: December 30, 2005 07:32

any mp3's out there.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: December 30, 2005 11:47

Hey CCC, I put out a request for this one a few weeks back but I had no joy. Being as this is the season of goodwill, I live in hope . . .

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: December 30, 2005 14:54

The only I heard it was on the DVD Four Flicks, when Keith is rehearsing , and its great!! the live version I would love to hear it ....

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 30, 2005 14:59

thats the only ever live version. Doesnt really come off well live as its too slow and even though the tape I have of the concert is a good recording, the thing you can hear loudest of all on this song is the sound of a large majority of the crowd en route to the toilets and merchandise stands. Standard lack of respect from the weak-bladdered masses.

Excellent song though and a great album closer.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 30, 2005 21:30

great song (love the Wayne Shorter part) - but to be effective live they should have sped it up a bit. can't tell KR what to do though!

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: December 30, 2005 21:48

The "Bridges" version is one of my favorite Stones songs ever. Gorgeous stuff, with a dark undercurrent and a thrilling sax/drums climax. I was delighted to see it attempted onstage, even if the performance doesn't really hold up to extended scrutiny.

I was charmed by the "Four Flicks" footage of Keith, Lisa, Bernard & Blondie rehearsing the song in Boston at the (then) Fleet Center on the eve of the 2002 tour. Reassuring to know that Keith still had the song on his mind, even if it never returned to public performance.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1117
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home