Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Let It Loose
Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: December 28, 2005 22:35

is so great - The Stones is really an underrated band, and Let It Loose a pretty unknown and underrated song!

Re: Let It Loose
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 28, 2005 22:45

It's the build of the song man...it's the build...and those sweet angel backing vocals from Clydie King and Vanessa Fields....pure heaven....Classic

ROCKMAN

Posted by: smilingsun ()
Date: December 28, 2005 23:17

build of the song is one thing man... Mick's voice on this song is another... usurpassed

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: December 28, 2005 23:19

i always wondered how many takes jagger did on this masterpiece , possibly his best vocal ever

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 28, 2005 23:20

love the song - among their best without doubt. The Stones underrated? que?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 28, 2005 23:29

yep, i agree: the Stones are underrated.
43 freakin years ... and this planet still don't know what hit it.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 28, 2005 23:41

let it loose, shine the light, moonlite mile, time waits for no one....they are all gems that show that the stones are the greatest band of all time...they can do it all!!

Posted by: ssprings ()
Date: December 28, 2005 23:46

I heard this played in the Beyond the Sea movie about Bobby Darin-
Great song

Date: December 28, 2005 23:52

Yeah, also think the Stones are underrated.
Claro que sí, T&A. Your post is a proof as wellsmiling smiley Let is Loose is one of their best songs, now - how many people know it? Nobody but the big fans. There are many first-class yet not well known songs in the Stones catalogue. Incredible ballads as well as rockers any other band could build career on.

Date: December 28, 2005 23:54

How can a band billed as the greatest rock in roll band in the world be under-rated? maybe I need a refresher course in logic....

Date: December 29, 2005 00:34

Oh my god, you might be the greatest in something, still the question might be - how far ahead are you from the others, actually?
There's much more in the Stones than what's known to general public, so to say. Like you got a couple of songs that made them "greatest rocknroll band in the world", but most people don't know much more. And there's first class stuff all along the way. That's why you can call them underrated.
Ringo sure didn't think the Stones are underrated in the eyes of a hardcore fans. As a hardcore fan, I see a huge distance between the Stones and other bands. But if you tell someone you love the Stones, sometimes you hear "Hm, Satisfaction really rocks, I like it, but it's kinda old, isn't it. And I can't believe they're still around. Do they got anything else worth listening to...?" Well, that's a bit exaggerated, but still, you get it. The Stones are underrated - by majority, that is.

No course in logic is needed here really, I thought this is not so hard to get even without itsmiling smiley

Date: December 29, 2005 00:37

whatever. they are regarded by fans far and wide - and not just the hardcore - as the greatest rock band of all time. you can't get rated any higher than that. this suggestion that they are not understood or well-respected enough is bullshite.

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: December 29, 2005 01:10

About "underrated": I think The Stones are better than The Beatles, Dylan, Led Zeppelin (although I love them all), but perhaps most people think otherwise, that's why I called them underrated.

The Stones' music, e.g. Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!, isn't really easy to "understand", to get under the skin of. But that they are "difficult", isn't The Stones' image, so many people don't understand that there is (much) more there than they hear.

Date: December 29, 2005 01:30

Hm, T&A, maybe you would really need some course, now I see itsmiling smiley Not sure logic would make it, though. Maybe just politeness, getting what's being said or something.
You can't be rated higher than greatest - yes. By some they are rated this way. Not all. That they are not understood or well respected - as you call it - by some other people (either because they don't know much of their work or because it's not their taste) that's also a fact.

I understand underrated the same way as Ringo, also think the Stones are best, but you can't really explain it to others who don't feel it. You gotta have them under the skin, yes, and this feeling you can't transfer.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 29, 2005 02:20

the stones are the greatest...but underrated yes..because songs, that most feel are underrated, like let it loose, or moonlite, shine the light, etc...
make them god like!!most people only like to think of the stones as a great rock/pop/blues band....and simple songs....not gems like the above that could never have been written by anyone...other than the stones...play gomper, 2000 light years and sway real loud! we love you...

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 29, 2005 03:14

THis is their most underrated (because it is relatively obscure) track. It is amazing, and it just shows a bunch of talented musicians in a total groove, and at their absolute peak. Everything hangs together, the horns, the backing vocals, Nicky's frikin GREAT piano. Wow.

Date: December 29, 2005 03:57

A great song-one of my favs. Ever done live?

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: December 29, 2005 05:22

I love the song too....but Mick stole the lyrics "Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger...a face you never see no more"....

they're from traditional bluegrass song called "Man of Constant Sorrow"....the film "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" made it semi-famous....don't know the original author of the song,nor have I heard any definitive answer as to who did.....hence, traditional is the best I can come up with...

I would certainly appreciate any info or theories or general blabbing at the mouth as to who gets the actual song-writing credits....the soundtrack for "OBWAT" lists The Soggy Bottom Boys....but that's the name of the fictional "group" in the movie, headed by Clooney..

great flick, by the way...

Let it Loose is pretty sweet, regardless....

Posted by: letitbleed ()
Date: December 29, 2005 07:00

Having been in a few bands over the years, I can surely say that songwriters steal lyrics and riffs all the time. Sometimes lyrics are mummbled to hide the fact. A lot of singers take literature they like and throw it into a song. Got to be careful though.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 29, 2005 08:10

okay - right, yeah - being regarded as the greatest ain't good enuff. they must be regarded as greater than the greatest or something. that must be it. yeah. that's it. my bad.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: December 29, 2005 16:55

I think they're not underrated as a whole, but there are some aspects of their music that are somehow underrated; for instance, Charlie Watts is definitely so underrated as a drummer: everybody praise Keith Moon or John Bonham, but Charlie rocks as much as they did, and is a very competent drummer also as far as jazz, reggae, country or funk are concerned! Also, the Stones are very much praised as a basically rock'n roll band, but they are so good also in playing those other kinds of music (Funk, Soul, Country, BLUES, reggae, PUNK, DISCO!), and very few people seem to be aware of that!

...back to the subject, Let It Loose is a song that grows more and more in you after every listen! I love the live of the "bedroom blues.."!

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-29 20:48 by Wild Slivovitz.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: December 29, 2005 17:47

To me its one of their best if not the best,pure soul.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: December 29, 2005 18:18

And they can make this kind of songs,more famous by playing them ,tour after tour like y,g,m rocking,but it might be to late, and,to late for a''lrt it loose live debut,dont get me wrong i will always enyoy'''but ;;loose and''slow''and sittin on a fence,are wanted ,cause live is''short''.

Date: December 30, 2005 05:08

Has Let it Loose ever been done live?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 30, 2005 10:16

>> Has XYZ ever been done live? <<

[www.timeisonourside.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1585
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home