Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The age of the audiences in the european stadiums
Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: December 23, 2005 16:03

Well, looking at the good seats in a Stones concert in Europe (i talk about Europe only, never had seen shows in America) everyone could think that the audience consist basically of people 50 + years old. But elsewhere and especially in the field everyone can see A LOT of young people. During Liks Tour i was seated in Stade De France. I was at the field in Stadi Montjuic, San Siro and Prague . According to my estimates, the whole audiences -field and seats- were approximately:

15-25: 5%
25-35: 20% (or 25%)
35-45: 35% (or 30%)
45-55: 35%
55-65: 5%

What do you think? Are my estimates close to yours?

Re: The age of the audiences in the european stadiums
Posted by: marquess ()
Date: December 23, 2005 17:37

I think that 25-35 would be more like 50%.
In Portugal for sure.

Date: December 23, 2005 18:35

I think in many cases and countries 25-35 category is more than 35%. Perhaps close to 40%. Was 40% for sure in Greece, at the last Stones concert (1998). But i'm a bit reserved in what i consider as "general situation" in Europe. To be honest, i read some post about "old audiences" but i have seen different things during Licks Tour in Milan, Barcelona, Paris and Prague. I guess the crowds are a bit older in some "traditional" Stoneslands, as UK or Germany.

Posted by: Keefacaster ()
Date: December 23, 2005 18:36

i think that 50 + range would be higher and the 15 - 25 would be higher than you say.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: December 23, 2005 18:40

well, if the stadium holds 70,000 and the average age of the fans is 39, then the age of the audience is 2,730,000.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 23, 2005 18:41

I have only France, Belgium, Wembley from Licks. Now taking into account, that the audience took in between 3 more years ( !!!!), I totally agree with the 70 % between 40 - 55.

Posted by: Berlin ()
Date: December 23, 2005 18:58

In the FOS section are people of all ages, but mostly younger people (25+) and many very young boys and girls (18+), cause these tickets are much cheaper then the seats. Thats the nice thing about concerts in Europe. In the US, only elder people can effort tickets near to the stage. In Europe its tough and fun: no seats, standing and waiting for many hours, very close and sweading, but being together with the real fans and not with people, who are in the first row, causethey have the money...Far from the stage the people are much older. Near by the stage is too exhausting for them...

Posted by: smilingsun ()
Date: December 23, 2005 19:07

No way it's only 5 % of those 15-25. Almost all the students are in this category. Maybe especially in the countries with lower ticket prices, like here, there'll definitely be much more of us. Many come just to see the legend and are not fans, of course. But the Stones concert is the event of the year, in music. But you said it yourself, stickydion, that the number of young people must be higher. And of course, Berlin, FOS, what other place to take to enjoy the concert.

Date: December 23, 2005 21:08

OK, fellows, you' re right. No way it's only 5% of those 15-25. New calculations:

15-25: 20%
25-35: 20%
35-45: 25% (or 30%)
45-55: 30% (or 25%)
55-65: 5%

"In Europe its tough and fun: no seats, standing and waiting for many hours, very close and sweading, but being together with the real fans and not with people, who are in the first row, causethey have the money..."

Exactly, Berlin. Your account remind me of Prague show, in 2003. What a concert!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 23, 2005 21:13

the average age of european stadium attendees is 39.4 years.

the mean age of european stadium attendees is 36.

Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: December 23, 2005 23:49

I think

10-19: 4%
20-39: 24%
40-59: 44%
60-64: 24%
+64 : 4%

should be a better estimate. At every concert (except for club shows) there are real youngsters (along with their parents) and a lot of they at Charlies and Bills age.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: December 23, 2005 23:55

smilingsun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And of course, Berlin, FOS,
> what other place to take to enjoy the concert.

Also non FOS field tickets are full of young people, and it's still a lot of fun, especially next to the b-stage! I had probably my best time there...but of course FOS is the first choice!

Posted by: smilingsun ()
Date: December 24, 2005 00:35

Yes, agree. The thing is, if you should go to just one concert, as a hardcore fan you would always choose FOS I think. Going to the field and trying to get close to the B-stage would be the second choice.
Of course, there's even more young people in the field, FOS is for hardcore fans. And there are not too many hardcore fans among young people. Of the people I know, most go there just to see the legend, and these all bought field tickets as it's 2,5x cheaper than FOS. I'm pleased they at least wanna see the Stones, but my company is at the front of course - with less people I know, but with the Stones closer, that's what counts, no competitionsmiling smiley

Date: December 24, 2005 00:42

what is FOS?

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: December 24, 2005 00:48

smilingsun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
with less people I know, but
> with the Stones closer, that's what counts, no
> competition

Agree. For me the great thing about attending a Stones concert is that I don't have to worry at all if no one of my friends wants to go with me...I can go by myself, and I still know I'm going to make a lot of friends (or at least that's what's happened so far!)...and I hope to meet a lot of the posters of this forum next summer!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 24, 2005 00:48

front of stage

Date: December 24, 2005 00:50

makes sence now

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1480
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home