Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is FOS already sold out in Denmark?
Posted by: Nellcote ()
Date: December 16, 2005 16:54

After my confirmation for FOS tickets an error occured. Do you know what it means?? Is it sold out????

Re: Is FOS already sold out in Denmark?
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 16, 2005 18:29

If you have a chance to get to Horsens and stand in line you should. There is 3000 FOS tickets secured for people who stand in line. You'll probably get a cool poster too (As always with Horsens Ny Teater). There's 5 in line right now, and more will come later tonight I suppose (Guess who's no. 1 in line??? grinning smiley). It's cold though.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: December 16, 2005 20:32

Hope to stand next to Kent and my Vikings on Keiths side. We got FOS!!
Only interesting thing on the left side of the stage, is the chance of seeing Lisas petbeaver winking smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 16, 2005 20:51

FOS is around 4000 tickets with the new stage for 2006. I would assume they sell 1000 through the fan club and 3000 public.

Bjornulf

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 16, 2005 20:57

At the risk of sounding stupid, what does FOS mean?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 16, 2005 21:03

FOS = Front Of Stage

Date: December 16, 2005 21:48

More alarming, what does "new stage for 2006" mean?? Are we not going to get the one we got in the US????? I just loved it.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: December 16, 2005 21:54

FOS did not exist in USA this year, as we know it in Europe, with a closed fence for the front, and no seats on the field. In 2003, like with previous tours in Europe, the FOS was a triangle of around 2,500 people. Now it looks like the 2006 FOS is wider, more like a rectangular shape. That's why I say 4,000. They simply extended it vs. the previous European tour.

Bjornulf

Date: December 16, 2005 22:12

I'm not so sure you're right about the figure - at least not regarding Horsens. I've obtained some info from various sources that makes me conclude that the FOS-area in Horsens is somewhat bigger. It would otherwise also be a bit unwise of billetlugen.dk not to tell the public that they don't sell FOS-tickets at all. Billetlugen.dk has an extremely bad reputation after total chaos during sales of Springsteen and Robbie W.-tickets. Horsens has for sure 3000 FOS-tickets. If the fan-club got 1000 it would leave nothing left...or perhaps just a few hundreds not sold via the fan-club.

BUT: "unwise" things do happen.
AND: Bjørnulf knows quite a lot more than I ( will ever ) do.

PS: Copenhagen Parken's manager is a bitter man these days. The organizers of Horsens don't have to pay VAT for this concert, and Parken would have had to ( don't ask me to explain these tax-matters here ). So he feels that it's been unfair competition.
The guy in charge in Horsens doesn't btw expect to earn a single Danish Krone on the Stones-show. May even be true. For him - that's what people told me who has met him - this is just a dream come true....and he doesn't suffer economically anyway.

Date: December 16, 2005 22:22

BV, "new stage"??? Are we not getting the one we got in the US? That was some awesome piece of work.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: December 16, 2005 22:23

FOS in Bergen Norway is 1,000 only. Because it is small total only 20,000.
FOS stadium in general 2003 was around 2,500 more or less.
The FOS is from the A-stage to the B-stage.
And as the B-stage now is variable distance from the A-stage,
of course the FOS will be smaller or larger depending on the
total size of the venue. In Rio FOS will be 100,000. haha...

Bjornulf

Date: December 16, 2005 22:28

Vilhelm, did you count the trucks in the US ? My girlfriend has heard that they'll use 112 trucks in Europe ( and that Macca used 42 when he was here last ).

Date: December 16, 2005 22:28

I did not mean the FOS area, I meant what you said here: "FOS is around 4000 tickets with the new stage for 2006. I would assume they sell 1000 through the fan club and 3000 public."

The words that got my attention are "new stage for 2006", that´s why I asked if we´re not getting the stage we got in the US. Sorry if it was´nt clear what I meant the first time..

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: December 16, 2005 22:41

112 trucks for one stage setup?? Thats sick! :-D

Or do you mean 112 trucks for all 2 oder 3 stages being transported throughout Europe?

Date: December 16, 2005 22:42

In USA 2005 stadium tour they had 127 trucks. 30 with steel x 3 = 90 with steel plus 47 with the stage. I would assume they do some sort of scaling down in order to get this to work with all the transportation in Europe, Japan etc. But they are marketing the ON STAGE concept for Europe too, so I don't know what they will get rid of really, to save trucks, crew and cost, if they will scale down at all.

Bjornulf

Date: December 16, 2005 22:45

I can only say that this is what my girlfriend told me that the Danish promoter told.
I may also add that my girlfriend currently is suffering from a flu, but she's a highly educated academic....but perhaps not regarding trucks. This number should be for one show..."only".

Date: December 16, 2005 23:08

I only saw the gigs in Boston, and Fenway is not really a big place, but I imagine they had the full stage setup there, as it seemed huge. Bergen, and the pics I have seen from for example Black Sabbaths gig there, indicate that maybe they will have a stage close to the one they had in Bangalore there. Anyway they decide, I´m as happy as everytime I get to see the Stones. The stage is not the main attraction, the band is, as always. If they played my parkinglot, I would be just as happy.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 17, 2005 11:48

I will join up with the Vikings at this concert. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 19, 2005 00:26

the warsaw and brno pages at least show FOS to reach all the way back to the B stage - looks like its about 3x the size it was on the last tour.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home