Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jagger & Richards solo stuff
Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: December 9, 2005 18:37

ya know as i was listening to ABB last eve...trying to figure which guy wrote what ...and really liking rain fell down...etc...i started thinking ...if they combined the material from Micks solo stuff and richards solo stuff.....on stones albums instead of the solo stuff.....what would they have done...richards stuff is top notch, "take it so hard " "how i wish" "eilleen" et al. micks is spotty but good ..several good efforts "dont tear me up" "just another night" and a bunch of ok stuff..... if the team could have used the riffs and lyrics and combined there work it would/ might have been classic.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-09 18:40 by tat2you.

Re: Jagger & Richards solo stuff
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 9, 2005 18:52

i love keith 1st album...that was the best stones album since some girls...or i sould say, better than any stones album since some girls....

Date: December 9, 2005 19:08

oh yes !!! i saw the Winos in 92 denver..one of the best shows ever!!!! awsome gimme shelter and happy...whole show was incredable!!!

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: December 9, 2005 19:13

With "Main Offender" and "Wandering Spirit" alone they could have put a classic together.

Date: December 9, 2005 19:20

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With "Main Offender" and "Wandering Spirit" alone
> they could have put a classic together.

No question take the best of the best ...tweek em up w/ the glimmer tiwns ...charlie on the skins ....

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 9, 2005 19:21

saw them too in 92 in philly..i should say upper darby...great show..
can't believe it was that long ago.. god were getting old..ha.

main o. was not as good as keith's 1st..but still great..

don't kill me but i love all richards and jaggers solo's... i can't say that about bill's stuff..his would be better if he got keith or mick to sing for him..bill is the worst singer in the world..

richards solo is a little meaner and tougher and jagger's is a little more up beat...

Date: December 9, 2005 19:24

i have never heard wymans stuff anything worth while??? ...woody yes... i love talk is cheap ...i like jaggers to ...even the last one .....

Posted by: Aucoin ()
Date: December 9, 2005 19:24

To me Wanderin Spirit is an outstanding album and very underrated. The production is brilliant and Jagger wrote some of his best songs in his career. Richards' Talk Is Cheap is good, too. Not as brilliant as WS but much better than most of his solo spots on RS albums since 89.

Date: December 9, 2005 19:27

the first time i listend to Mian offender i liked it .. 999....sick number.......WS...as well the first 4-5 songs ripp!!...the songs on R, almost here you sigh ..good...i like slipping away,waiting on a call from you, you dont have to mean it....

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: December 9, 2005 21:09

tat2you Wrote:
really like rain fall dowm

Rain Fall Down is a leftover from the Goddess period, I think. In the booklet Matt Clifford is credited for the 'programming'.

Wandering Spirit is just great. Best solo album by a Stone so far.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 9, 2005 23:43

I always regretted that Voodoo Lounge is not the classic it could have been if it included some of the best tracks from Wandering Spirit and Main Offender. Voodoo Lounge could have been a milestone album.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 10, 2005 00:57

hot stuff Wrote:
> i love keith 1st album...that was the best stones
> album since some girls...or i sould say, better
> than any stones album since some girls....

I agree with you. There enough good stuff there. Second one not as strong, but still good and solid.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: December 10, 2005 08:17

tat2you, as far as Wyman/s solo stuff goes, you're not missing much. Wyman, can't sing, but the worst thing is that everything comes off as terribly wimpy and cutesy. Monkey Grip isn't bad. Songs are compact and there is afaint faint glimmer of a Stone there. Stone Alone is with Primitve Cool the low point of Stonedom. Every song, EVERY SONG< has the Pointer Sisters doing unneccesasiry BU vocals, wayyy too much. Plus there are these badly recorded muzak type horn charts, all on top of a bunch of saccarine little Muppet numbers.
His third was a big seller. Called "Bill Wyman' it had the hitsingle "Si Si Je Suis un rockstar" which again hasn't bad changes. But they are all done with this rinky dink pseudo reggae/funky touch that is not gpood.
Then he did some decent stuff for films. More cute stuff until Willie and the Poor Boys. I have heard most of the albums but quit buying them. They are a little better feelwise, but by now all his stuff blends together into one big BBQ backing music compliation disc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1526
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home