Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
STONES Interview - Keith is so embarrasing
Posted by: Aucoin ()
Date: December 1, 2005 18:37

The Stones announcing th european tour dates on swedish television.

When you're on the site scroll down a bit and watch the long version, that's the 2nd "TV"-Link.

It's hard to see Keith like this. Dunno if he is drunk or if he think he's cool or something. He is unbeliveable embarrasing. What a poor joke.

Heres the link:

[www.tv4.se]

Re: STONES Interview - Keith is so embarrasing
Date: December 1, 2005 18:41

You should see/hear Slipping Away these days. That is truly embarrassing!

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: December 1, 2005 18:42

Keith is always embarrasing when he must talk. Same in concert, exept the well-known sentence " good to be here..." he doesn't know what to say. I always tought he is a shy person. Not in every situations but he doesn't know the people, I think he is.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 1, 2005 18:44

BS BS BS BS BS BS.
He was in fact silly during the interview.
Guess ya all would be more satisfied if he was at the loo
shooting smack instead, right?

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: December 1, 2005 18:45

Annnnnnnnnddddddddd again...... moan, moan, moan!

He could always retire and put you out of your misery?????

Date: December 1, 2005 18:54

Splattered, All Over Manhattan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You should see/hear Slipping Away these days.
> That is truly embarrassing!

Better not

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: December 1, 2005 18:57

Here's the full thing. I suggest people take it before Yousendit takes it down.

[s46.yousendit.com]

Date: December 1, 2005 18:57

Not only that he talks only crap and even Mick (his mother) is pissed, he acts like an idiot, too. I mean, that man is almost 62. He should stop thinking it's still 1972. He was so damn cool back in the days and now look what he became. Very very sad.

Posted by: redrum ()
Date: December 1, 2005 19:00

Keith interviews: in print or on radio , seem to be very interesting. There were some network TV interviews in the US, back in 1986, in which Keith seemed sober. If I recall correctly, he appeared on the (NBC) "Today Show" (pre-taped) in Spring '86....another was the "Friday Nite Videos" interview w/Paul Schaffer (May-June 1986).

In Fall 1988, he did an interview (with Kurt Loder) on (US) MTV....Keith seemed drunk: slurred speech, etc...but he was very interesting & easy to understand. He was pretty serious-at least during the portion that aired--.

I think Keith is naturally shy, which has a lot to do with his perceived awkwardness on TV. Still, I'd watch a Keith interview anyday! Mick can be very boring an inderect with his answers...in many interviews,Keith seems straightforward and open...which is a condradiction. In some aspaects, Keith is a complex guy.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: December 1, 2005 19:01

Keith is embarrasing????
What were you expecting!! A Prime minister, with an tie and a suit!!
Keith was just being himself, the ultimate Rock Star, making no appologies for who he is!! and if don´t want to hear him singing or giving interviews, I think that you are on the wrong place with the wrong people....I wish that he was even more "embarassing"

Date: December 1, 2005 19:06

lol...who's talking about a prime minister or what got it to do with a suit or tie?? Bullshit. Listen to the crap and wannabe jokes and look how hes acting than you'll (maybe) understand what I mean. But if you see it a different way...that's fine too. No prob with it.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 1, 2005 19:08

Keith always jokes around during the press conferences. But this was...a little too much.

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: December 1, 2005 19:11

even Keith can sometimes have a flash out of cocktails

Posted by: cherry red ()
Date: December 1, 2005 19:18

Let Keith be Keith.
He hates these canned publicity events and can probably only stand being at them by mocking their self-absorbed seriousness, it's only Rock and Roll!
I think Mick was not so pissed at Keith as he was confounded in the audio hookup and he's trying to hear what's coming through and trying to get Keith to stop talking over him for a moment. You can see that Mick is finding the whole thing tedious but he's much better at playing the game. Keith won't feign interest in vapid questions about fond memeories of playing some dive club in Sweden 38 years ago.
At least he's being silly and not cruel.

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: December 1, 2005 19:20

I loved It! I think Keith is a trip and he will always be a trip! He does what he wants and says what he wants. Yes it is off the wall and yes it is crazy but shit, this is Keith Richards we are talking about! KEITH RICHARDS! His mind and body have been thru so much, I am amazed he is still alive! If he starting acting like a highly educated individual being all polite & proper he would not be the Keith Richards we all know & Love! Keep on being Keith, Keith!
I love you Man!
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you.........

Date: December 1, 2005 19:29

He's just posing. He tries hard to be the Keef people expecting. But it doesn't work anymore. It looks just silly. Same with that studio scene in the Four Flicks documentary where he acts angry. It's all fake.

Posted by: MartinG ()
Date: December 1, 2005 20:01

Can't help but agree, embarassing is the word. It made me squirm to watch him. It's not that I want him to be more serious or like Jagger or whatever, it's just that he wasn't the slightest bit witty, intresting or original or anything. And worst of all he seemed to want to attract attention to himself all the time.
He did not used to be like that, he used to be laid back, cool, a man of few but well-chosen words. Don't know waht happened.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: December 1, 2005 20:02

I thought he was just a little silly. Keith is always stuypid in interviews as is Jagger, as are the interviews.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 1, 2005 20:12

thanks for the link..i think keith was GREAT.... he didn't seem drunk...ronnie looked great as well.. a 2.am i can't believe how good they all sounded. if anything keith seemed bored to death with all the stupid questions...plus since jagger did most of the talking it left richards with just a few 1 liners...
anyway keith was being keith and i did think he was very funny..at least jagger, wood and watts seemed to enjoy him.. keith is still the bad boy..remember the some girls question? keith still got it! he was great.. let it rock keith..

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: December 1, 2005 20:40

its 2005 and you're just starting to notice Keef's drinking ???

the more he has the better i say

Date: December 1, 2005 20:46

Drunk as a bear he was, thats no lie. That´s Keith.

Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: December 1, 2005 20:50

I think the tv-4 reporter was the most silly one begging Stones to perform Angie if he got a ticket. Keith knew about the fjords on the western coast of Norway, that impresses me. It was very good to see Charlie in such a great shape, never seen him so smiling and apparently by good health.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 1, 2005 20:50

More of a problem is Ron. He really must be in deep shit. He looks and acts like if he's somewhere out of this world.

Posted by: Larso ()
Date: December 1, 2005 21:05

I loved it!

He`s just being keith..

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: December 1, 2005 21:06

@#$%& blues Wrote:
> More of a problem is Ron. He really must be in
> deep shit. He looks and acts like if he's
> somewhere out of this world.

maybe Woody's re-adjusting to being sober?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 1, 2005 21:11

I felt bad for Ronnie, sitting next to a smoking drunk. You could see him glancing at Keith's fags and glass once in a while.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-01 22:27 by Koen.

Date: December 1, 2005 21:16

Woody was pissed too, dont you think?
They just react differently.

Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: December 1, 2005 21:19

I'd rather watch Keith being interviewed or just talking than anyone in the world...I love his body language and the way he uses his head and hands when talking...he's one of a kind and ALWAYS interesting (and extremely bright as well). I can't believe any one of you would complain.

I loved the half-hour VH1 special where he was so drunk he dropped his cigarette into his lap...wish I could get a hold of that special somehow!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 1, 2005 21:31

Baboon Bro Wrote:
> Woody was pissed too, dont you think?

No.

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: December 1, 2005 21:37

Splattered, All Over Manhattan Wrote:
> You should see/hear Slipping Away these days.
> That is truly embarrassing!

Yes. I was appalled by the way he performed it in Anaheim. And I love the song.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home