Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ticket prices - Europe versus USA
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 1, 2005 12:36

Having seen the Stones on this tour already at MSG, Meadowlands and Albany/NY - and having paid the highest price of USD$ 454 to see them at MSG, I am pleasantly surprised by the advertised prices for European shows announced to date. I was dreading finding out what the UK prices in particular were going to be, and much to my astonishment they haven't changed from the Licks 2003 tour, top price category is GBP£ 150. It's bad enough, but it is interesting that:

(a) it hasn't changed from 2003
(b) it's about USD$ 200 cheaper than the top price category for the USA leg of this tour

Anyone have any ideas why this should be ? And how do the Americans among us all feel about this price discrepancy ? Not good, I should imagine.

Re: Ticket prices - Europe versus USA
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 1, 2005 12:41

While the top price of £150 is the same as in 2003, you can be pretty sure that there are more seats in this price level than in 2003.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: December 1, 2005 12:49

erikjjf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> While the top price of £150 is the same as in
> 2003, you can be pretty sure that there are more
> seats in this price level than in 2003.

This is a very good point mate. I still have the 'Licks' full page advert placed in the evening standard (london newspaper) dec 2002, which i kept as a souvenir which gave details of the first twickenham & wembley arena shows plus the astoria show. It isnt to hand, but i remember the arena prices were more, and that the £150 tickets were marketed as 'special premium seats available'. So, like you said, this time there will be a few thousand of these expensive bastards up for sale!!

I also remember two of my friends (VERY casual stones fans) buying the £55 tickets for twickers and they ended up in one of the A blocks about 5 rows from the stage. And there's me, massive stones fan payed £70-ish and i'm sat in the north stand miles from anything. Great!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 1, 2005 12:53

The first 5 or 10 rows (UK shows) are priced in the £60 level.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 1, 2005 12:59

they are indeed, but as with the US, there are grandstand seats with a side view on sale for the top price (ie, £150)

Those seats were £80 in 2003 and about £40 in 1999.

As youve said whilst the top price is similar there are simply many more this tour in that category than before.

£60 for block A (plus fan club charges, so about £80 if youre buying 4 tickets) isnt too bad if youre lucky and astute enough to get them

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 1, 2005 13:01

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1650
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home