Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

perfect sound in Amsterdam
Posted by: arjan ()
Date: November 30, 2005 17:59

Amsterdam Arena will invest 1,4 million Euro in improving accoustics and sound system. Should be good.

Re: perfect sound in Amsterdam
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 30, 2005 18:02

why dont they just leave the roof open

sounds easier!

Posted by: RQ ()
Date: November 30, 2005 18:07

They cant leave the roof open, because of the part of Amsterdam next to the Stadium (Amsterdam Zuid-oost). The houses were there first. One of the deals for permission to build the stadium was: Roof closed during music events.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 30, 2005 18:08

I wondered about that, no one ever seemed to explain that logic before..thanks

so how confident are you Dutchies about them getting a decent sound system for this show? I like the city and the Dutch fans are great for Stones shows but all the horror stories about the venue are very off-putting

Posted by: RQ ()
Date: November 30, 2005 18:14

I doubt if they can crank up the sound to an acceptable level. The main problem is the base of the stadium, basically a concrete bathtub with seats dropped on it. They'll have to put some sound absorbing material on the concrete. The plans for redecorating now entail more speakers, and sound absorbing material on the non moving parts of the roof. I mean....even more speakers in a space were there is no control over the sound to start with......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1280
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home