Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Expensive tickets! :-(
Posted by: Jimmie ()
Date: November 30, 2005 10:02

The tickets for the sweden show is about 98 EU/67 £/116 USD for the floor seats.

It´s way too expensive I think :-( I have seen them on every tour since 95 but this time I don´t think I can afoard it.

BTW check this out: [www.tv4.se]

Re: Expensive tickets! :-(
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 30, 2005 10:10

Very expensive indeed. Like 10 beers (stor stärk that is) in Sweden I think?

I know the world is full of pain and poverty, but compared to what you spend on cars or houses or beer per month or cloths or anything, I think these prices are just fine. You go to one Stones Show every 3 years and you spend the amount of 10 beers. Most people in Scandinavia work one day max to make this amount of money, i.e. it is not a fortune. When they pay 50 US dollars in Argentina s it much more by the way. You have to look into what the moeny is worth, not just complain...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: November 30, 2005 10:28

why don't you guys from a new group: The Expensive Winers

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: November 30, 2005 10:34

That would be "whiners".

Or "the expensive beerers"

Because 10 beers cost me 17 Euros, no 98.

My FOS tickets in Oberhausen 2003 were about 90 Euros. Cologne they'll apparantly be 130 this year. Perhaps the stage was more expensive.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: November 30, 2005 10:37

Well, the ticket prices have increased since the Licks tour and at the first sight they seem to be very expensive.
But if you compare with sport tickets it's not that much.
For example Swedish ice-hockey league the ticket prices are ca 20-25 euros per game. And the season is (play-off excluded) 50 rounds a year!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: November 30, 2005 10:45

I think these prices are for Wembley alone. Still, this is expensive

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: November 30, 2005 10:58

Kinda strange answer, BV.
Even if we love them, we shouldn't lose a clear view on these things.
Especially in Germany they will not sell out the stadiums because of this ticket prices. And that's bad especially for the concert goers.

I'm kinda over-toured. It's the Licks tour with about 3 new songs per set which are not killers live, the stage is worse compared to LICKS, Ronnie too, and prices are at least 50% higher 3 years later...

I saw them in MSG and Giants this year, so don't tell me, I couldnt' know.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: November 30, 2005 11:45

Bjornulf
Please, is it possible you have one time an objective opinion about the stones. You think that your neighbor, a colleage or anybody has good and bad qualities and you have reason, it's normal. But about the stones you think "DON'T TOUCH" only good qualities. All is good, music, opnion and tickets prices. You make a great job with your website but when people talk about their opinions, let them talking and please don't interpose to defend the stones.
Anyway, for myself, tickets prices are expensive and perhaps, I don't know yet if I'll go to the show in 2006. It should be the first time since 1982.
One show in Paris at the stade de france. Sound is horrible.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: November 30, 2005 11:54

Good points micawber and aprilfool!!!!
When it comes to the Stones it seems that bv just can't be able to deliver any logical and convincing arguments whatsoever. If they'd double the ticket prices tomorrow bv would still think it costs only 20 beers so it's no big deal. If you can afford to catch the Stones on almost every show on their US leg of the tour you obviously don't have to worry too much about your financial situation. But, please keep in mind that most people do not have that kind of cash. The figures have to be put into the correct perspective. For myself I think that the prices are high, but still I will hopefully afford to attend two or three gigs on the European tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-30 11:57 by The Stones.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: November 30, 2005 12:01

Isn´t there chearper field tickets? like 60-70euro.thats what i´m after.
I won´t pay 100euros.Only if its the last ticket.

Posted by: Jimmie ()
Date: November 30, 2005 12:03

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very expensive indeed. Like 10 beers (stor stärk
> that is) in Sweden I think?
>
> I know the world is full of pain and poverty, but
> compared to what you spend on cars or houses or
> beer per month or cloths or anything, I think
> these prices are just fine. You go to one Stones
> Show every 3 years and you spend the amount of 10
> beers. Most people in Scandinavia work one day max
> to make this amount of money, i.e. it is not a
> fortune. When they pay 50 US dollars in Argentina
> s it much more by the way. You have to look into
> what the moeny is worth, not just complain...
>
> Bjornulf

Well first of all I don´t drink very much alcohol so..
second I´m unemployed so I don´t own a house or a car.
I have to work 4-5 days to afford the ticket.

Posted by: sherer ()
Date: November 30, 2005 12:03

well for wembley the prices are £150 to get on the ground floor seats and that is about €200 Euros

Posted by: kees ()
Date: November 30, 2005 12:13

Wembley for sure is over priced.
Also compared to U2, the prices I pay this time for FOS Stones tickets in Belgium and Cologne are 50% more expensive than U2, average €120,- (all incl.) . While U2 is hotter. It is also a 50% increase compared to the 2003 stadium prices , which is a lot.
Well, in the end ticket demand will proof whether the Stones are overpricing themselves or not. I think they do, judging from the poor sales of ABB.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 30, 2005 12:20

sherer Wrote:
> well for wembley the prices are £150 to get on the
> ground floor seats and that is about €200 Euros

225 euros.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 30, 2005 12:40

sherer Wrote:
> well for wembley the prices are £150 to get on the
> ground floor seats and that is about €200 Euros

The first 5-10 rows are £60, the back of the floor is £90 or so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-30 12:46 by erikjjf.

Date: November 30, 2005 12:50

well looks like the floor has sold out.. can't find any tickets on the floor left at all.. also the loer tier and part of the mid tier are also 150 which seems more of a con as well

just found out robbie and bon jovi are GA for the same venue which the stones should be as well for their hometown gig

Date: November 30, 2005 12:50

Well the problem is as I have said 100 times that the street value of a Stones ticket in 2005 is may be 100 Euro or more. So even if I would of course like to see tickets sold at 25 Euro, it is just a fantasy. The scalpers would buy up every ticket and sell them on. That happened with U2 in Norway this summer. NOK 600 for a ticket i.e. 70 Euro and scalpers sold a lot - thousands in fact - at 120 Euro and more. So it is either Mick & co or scalpers that take your money. Your choice. In fact 30% of ALL TICKETS in thew USA are sold through scalpers these days. A fact!!!

I have also said 100 times that if you can come up with a way to sell 90,000 or 50,000 tickets to "real fans" and not homeless people hired by scalpers (happens a lot) then patent it and sell it to the concert industry.

It's a commercial world. let's face it. The Stones do have that value for real. To people. Like it or not.

PS. I am not a fan of everything the Stones do. They are grown up gentlemen and in most cases they are pretty sensible, but I have my own opinions of course.

Bjornulf

Date: November 30, 2005 12:53

other thing i don't like is that ticket master charge a service charge for me using a web site !!!

they do nothing it is all automatic so where is the service charge ? also if you go for 150 tickets the charge is more ????

then you have to pay to get the mail sent to you with the tickets isn't that what the charge is for ?

Posted by: stonesfan ()
Date: November 30, 2005 13:04

THE BIGGER BANK TOUR

SETLIST
01) Jumping Jack Cash
02) Rip This Fan
03) Money
04) Ritch
05) Tumbling Price
06) I Can Always Get What I Want
07) Sympathy For Your Wallet
08) Ruby Payday
09) She's So Gold
10) You Pay My Satisfaction
11) Poorsucker Blues
12) Empty Pocket
13) Let Them Bleed
14) Gold Flowers
15) Get Off My Gold

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-30 13:20 by stonesfan.

Date: November 30, 2005 13:13

Well do you think web sites are free? People like me make a living from making web sites working... It's software and hardware usually costing a lot, I mean a lot. Because you don't want it to go down with server error 500 in the middle of your transaction, right?

Bjornulf

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 30, 2005 13:21

bv Wrote:
> Well do you think web sites are free? People like
> me make a living from making web sites working...
> It's software and hardware usually costing a lot,
> I mean a lot. Because you don't want it to go down
> with server error 500 in the middle of your
> transaction, right?
>
> Bjornulf

That's what usually happens with goformusic.be. Must be the worse in Europe

Date: November 30, 2005 13:29

that's why they ticketmaster take a percentage of the money you pay for the ticket not put an extra charge on top of that.. also they have advertising space which is where they should be taking money from

booking fees and service charges are just invented to give them more profit.. they already get some money for selling the ticket and then charge more on top of that to get more profit

also why do they charge more if you get a dearer ticket ? do they do more service or work if i book a 150 ticket ?

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: November 30, 2005 13:31

bv Wrote:

> the street value of a Stones ticket in 2005 is may
> be 100 Euro or more.

During the Licks tour I bought a ticket outside the Feyenoord Stadium from a scalper for the actual price. They couldn't get rid of their tickets!
(This was 3 hours before the start of the show).

If they don't want scalpers to buy up all the tickets, they should allow people to buy only 2 tickets per person. It's complete nonsense to say the ticket prices are so high to avoid scalpers making money. What a joke!!

It's all about making more money and not giving shit about their fans.

How is it possible that U2 can charge 70 Euro for the same kind of show, same organisation etc. and the Stones charge 115 Euro?! Is Darryl Jones really that expensive?

BV, let's face it, it's 20% rock and roll, 80% making money.

Posted by: jigsawp ()
Date: November 30, 2005 13:59

It's not alright to sell the tickets for these prices!I've been to 13 shows since 1990 but I won't go this time - for sure! Piss off that tour!!

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: November 30, 2005 14:10

I think something is missing here again:
It is correct that there are far to much concerts in Germany and they won't sell very well at all. I agree. 130 Euro even to stand up and waiting for the Stones is not what you want.
Mostly you get tickets on the spot for half the value even.
The problem in Germany is that the promoters actually fight to get the deal with the Stones management and so they can dictate easily what they want.

Anyway there is another point of view:
We are not used to spend a fortune for a night or a weekend and the mentality "Geiz ist Geil" is making me mad anyway. I do not say that the mentalitiy of just throwing into the pot is better.
I have to agree with Björnulf if you would pay 200 EURO or more for a seat it might be worthwhile for the Stones to start in Europe and have a gross selling which pays out the staging etc.

Posted by: saintmick ()
Date: November 30, 2005 14:16

Come on! Get Real!

The ticket prices are based on supply and demand. If the Stones set the prices right (which they do), there won't be a scalpers market. And it seems that there isn't... At least not as much as there would be if prices were like 50-75 euro.

And... nobody is forced to go and see the Stones. It's your own choice. Feel free to stay at home. Feel free to go and see the Stones.

And... a Mercedes is more expensive than a Hyundai...

And ... in the US prices were up to 450 USD, so why complain about 120-150 euro here in Europe?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 30, 2005 14:17

bv Wrote:
> Well the problem is as I have said 100 times that
> the street value of a Stones ticket in 2005 is may
> be 100 Euro or more. So even if I would of course
> like to see tickets sold at 25 Euro, it is just a
> fantasy. The scalpers would buy up every ticket
> and sell them on. That happened with U2 in Norway
> this summer. NOK 600 for a ticket i.e. 70 Euro and
> scalpers sold a lot - thousands in fact - at 120
> Euro and more. So it is either Mick & co or
> scalpers that take your money. Your choice. In
> fact 30% of ALL TICKETS in thew USA are sold
> through scalpers these days. A fact!!!
>
> I have also said 100 times that if you can come up
> with a way to sell 90,000 or 50,000 tickets to
> "real fans" and not homeless people hired by
> scalpers (happens a lot) then patent it and sell
> it to the concert industry.
>
> It's a commercial world. let's face it. The Stones
> do have that value for real. To people. Like it or
> not.
>
> PS. I am not a fan of everything the Stones do.
> They are grown up gentlemen and in most cases they
> are pretty sensible, but I have my own opinions of
> course.
>
> Bjornulf

Do you think its a reasonable, sensible and fair bit of business to limit FOUR tickets for ONE show for a fan club member who has paid $100 for the "privilege" yet allow ANY American Express ticket holder to buy TWELVE tickets (with no membership fee) for ANY show they wish?

Not too hard to see how the scalpers snap up so many tickets. With practices like this, the Stones management are doing everything to encourage them. And theyre not even charging them a fee for their trouble either!

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: November 30, 2005 14:28

saintmick Wrote:

> And... nobody is forced to go and see the Stones.
> It's your own choice. Feel free to stay at home.
> Feel free to go and see the Stones.

Then you have to give people a choice. But with prices that high, for many people there is NO choice, they simple can not afford to see their favourite band.

Date: November 30, 2005 14:32

Agree with Gazza, the amex-deal seems not to be the most fan-friendly idea...but it makes wanna have one of those cards....and that's of course the whole idea.

Why indeed run a fan-club membership at all ? For the same amount as one code you can get an amex-card, which you can "delete" after a year, I guess/hope. How fast do amex issue their cards anyway ?

Date: November 30, 2005 14:37

no nervous breakdowns Wrote:
> Agree with Gazza, the amex-deal seems not to be
> the most fan-friendly idea...but it makes wanna
> have one of those cards....and that's of course
> the whole idea.
>
> Why indeed run a fan-club membership at all ? For
> the same amount as one code you can get an
> amex-card, which you can "delete" after a year, I
> guess/hope. How fast do amex issue their cards
> anyway ?
>
>

i wish people would stop calling it a fan club.. calling it a make more money for the stones while conning the fans club would be a better title

you get nothing except the change to buy tickets for ONE show and after the tour the fan club won't be here any more.. not much of a fan club if you ask me

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1591
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home