Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ticketmaster VS RS.com
Posted by: eric ()
Date: November 29, 2005 20:19

My European friends-

CONGRATS on the Great news that you have been waiting for. I hope I can help with something. Be careful rushing into this and ordering from RS.com. THe reason I say that is because of ticket UPGRADES and the venue they play at. Here in the U.S. I went to Philly #1 with my RS.com ticket and tried to upgrade and due the fact that the ticket at the top is coded with "FAN" they could not upgrade. I went to Philly #2 with a ticket I bought from the box office through ticketmaster and I upgraded my 160.00 dollar ticket to a 450 dollar ticket for 75 dollars the day of the show. Just be careful, if you get the tix you want from RS.com then no need to do anything but for those who wait and purchase later, remember you can upgrade if you bought from the venue box office through ticketmaster. IF you all know this already then.... nevermind!

Re: Ticketmaster VS RS.com
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 29, 2005 20:22

i've never known a venue box office 'upgrade' a ticket in the UK before

anyone else ?

Posted by: phd ()
Date: November 29, 2005 20:46

Nor have I. It could though happen if the show is not sold out.

Date: November 29, 2005 20:50

That was the case the Philly shows still had 450 tix available the day of.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: November 29, 2005 21:05

Eric Europe ticks a bit different. Only UK shows have seats on the pitch and the rest is open tickets like Front of Stage (fenced in) and then around it the normal standing tickets.
You are also not able to pick up your tickets at the venue. Ticketmaster.co.uk does not offer this solution at all. They even don't sent tickets abroard today which is most ridicolous

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 29, 2005 21:11

Hey Eric,

I'm in the States and I've never heard of upgrading before. Can you tell me exactly how it works?

Sounds like you can't buy tickets online to do this?

Thanks much!
Cindy

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: November 29, 2005 21:49

You have to have purchased them at the BOX office where the event is being held. On the day of the show if better tix are available, go to the box office and check when you get to the show and they can upgrade. At least this is how it worked on the east coast ie Philly, Msg, boston.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 30, 2005 06:22

Thanks Eric. I can't believe I've never heard of this before. I'll try it next time.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: November 30, 2005 08:48

Eric I tried that in Columbus, Miami(for my sister's seat), and Anaheim and got told no each time, and only the Anaheaim show was bought through RS.COM. I am happy for you, and I will always try that, because it seems to depend on the venue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home