Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question about Stones/Ebay
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: November 29, 2005 17:46

I have never really used Ebay before but was checking out some Stones stuff there and was wondering what people's experiences were. One thing I have noticed is you can't tell weather a person is selling silver pressed cds or copies. Or for that matter you can't even tell anything about the artwork the disc comes with. I emailed some people who were selling stuff asking them these questions and I have gotten no responses.

Re: Question about Stones/Ebay
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 29, 2005 17:54

If they don't respond then don't bother. I've used ebay for years and its good. Easy to use and I've never been 'had'.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: November 29, 2005 18:26

I was almost "had" during the Licks tour for the Vegas Hard Rock show.

The guy gave me an address that didn't exist (in the States) and he was in England; he wanted me to wire the funds into his US account. He never answered any questions I asked him, just kept telling me to wire the money. Apparently he had about a dozen ads running at the same time with slightly different wording.

May sound obvious, but I suggest that you never wire money to someone on ebay.

Posted by: todd40fla ()
Date: November 29, 2005 20:00

at the prices they are sellings the cd's for you can pretty much assume that any disc you buy on ebay is a copy....a cdr or dvd-r.

i personally do not mind.....getting an item i really want to hear or see for about 10 bucks is fine with me....but if you are looking for silver cd's etc...etc...i would avoid ebay.

funny thing happening now.....since the guys selling on ebay are basically downloading the stuff off the bit torrents for free and profiting off of it....the bootlegers are actually turning the sellers in and alot of them are getting kicked off ebay for selling illegal items.

seems the bootleggers don't like seeing others make money off of "their" work! LOL

Date: November 29, 2005 20:05

Yeah, but if you're somebody without access to bittorrents and fancy computer programs, etc., then what other options do you have to get the concerts you want?

This is coming from someone who lives without: home TV, home telephone, home computer, cell phone, microwave, CD burner, etc.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 29, 2005 20:20

i don't have a CD burner either (or a microwave, if that makes a difference!).
if you're happy with CDrs/DVDrs, the generosity of good Stoned souls who accept blank disks in trade for music has done wonders for my collection.
for example, you might want to check out the "spread the music" and "trees" forums over on shidoobee:
[p081.ezboard.com]
[p081.ezboard.com]
[p081.ezboard.com]
it's good to take some time to read some of the threads to get familiar with the etiquette of shidoobee trading;
it's also good if you contribute other posts too, not just trade-hunting posts, so that people there get to know you a bit ... have fun!

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: November 30, 2005 02:54

todd40fla Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> at the prices they are sellings the cd's for you
> can pretty much assume that any disc you buy on
> ebay is a copy....a cdr or dvd-r.

I don't know where you get this info from, but it's not true.
Yes people are selling cd-r's on Ebay, but as many people sell silver factory pressed cd's as well.

The best thing you can do is either send a seller an email with the simple question if it's a cd-r or not. If the person doesn't respond he/she isn't a reliable seller.
You can also check the feedback. Just read what other people have to say about the stuff someone is selling.

Goodluck.

Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: November 30, 2005 03:07

Ebay is great. There is no longer any need to be suspicious about it -- it's been around for a long time now and provides the best buying/selling community in the world. Period.

Just use your wits when buying something. Ask questions -- the reputable sellers will welcome them. And if something just doesn't seem right, then it probably isn't. Move on to another seller. The more experience you get on Ebay, the more you'll be able to recognize quality from crap.

-- Keep on rollin'. Keep on. Keep on. Keep on. --

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: November 30, 2005 04:05

ive had good luck with boot dvds on ebay , where i mean the quality on them is excellent ,namely the Complete Ed Sullivan Appearances in excellent quality which has the incredible lady jane ,another great 1 i got on their called Touring History vol. 2 which is all very early live stuff in excellent quality ,,but i got these on there about 6 yrs ago.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home