Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Gazza, did you see a show on this tour?
Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: November 29, 2005 03:54

Gazza, did you see a show on this tour?

Re: Gazza, did you see a show on this tour?
Posted by: Halup ()
Date: November 29, 2005 03:57

Gazza's been saying for months on this site that he is going to New York in January to see them and then will see them in the summer in Europe. Why a new thread for this topic?

Date: November 29, 2005 04:01

So he is telling everybody with great strength and knowhow about how lame and bad this tour is without even having seen one single show yet?

Ha ha ha, that's a good one. I really lost all confidence in him now!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 29, 2005 04:04

I havent said the shows were bad, actually...you obviously have trouble reading properly

So, if someone who hasnt been at shows themselves says theyre NOT bad but pretty good, then obviously THATS ok??

Absurd post of the week!

Date: November 29, 2005 04:10

I guess a lot of people writing here about the shows has actually been at one. I know I have, and for the record I don't live in America either.

Absurd post of the week? I think it is highly interesting to know that one of the sharpest critics to a lot of what is going on on this tour hasn't even seen the show yet. Ruins your credability completely.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 29, 2005 04:27

as I said before (try grasping this, its not difficult - I'll even type it slowly so you can understand), I havent actually criticised the performances, just the band's lack of ambition. I even thought the version of 'Sway' was a decent enough effort.

but then again I think Tokyo 90, Brussels 73, Oakland 2002, LA 75 were great performances - yet I wasnt at them either. I'm sure (unless you were very lucky), the same applies to you.

so its obvious that you can say a show sounds great, bad or just Ok without being there. Not quite the same as being there in person, but its a different perspective. You can think a show was great when youre caught up in the excitement of seeing your favourite band, and then when you listen to it later, maybe its not always as wonderful.

A lot of the people who were at the shows on this tour thought they were great. Others thought they were shit. Each is an equally perfectly valid opinion as all music is entirely subjective.

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: November 29, 2005 04:47

yeah, i saw every toronto show since 2002. im happy with them. ive never seen the shows from before that, so i have nothing to compare them too.

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2221
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home