Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

good or bad
Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: November 8, 2005 18:27

It amazes me how you can review reports from the exact same show and have completely opposite opinions. (not even close) Anaheim is an example. If you go to the review section you would think that these people could not have been at the same show. How can some say it was the greatest concert ever (or close to it) and for others it's the worst Stones concert ever. I can see a slight variance but I can't figure this stuff out. I would guess it has a lot to do with pre-concert expectations,seating, previous shows attended, etc. What do you all think?

Re: good or bad
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 8, 2005 19:23

I think that it has A LOT to do with previous shows attended.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: drake ()
Date: November 9, 2005 00:01

Kent's got it right. Any firsttimer who sees the Stones will be blown away. Those of us who are hardcore fans will always want a club gig with setlists composed entirely of rarities. To be honest its an unfair expectation. They're playing to the masses, we're asking for a setlist for 200 people.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 9, 2005 00:27

There's a lot of reasons - Kent's is certainly one of them. And what Drake says about first timers being impressed is another (although I doubt that there too many posters on here who are reviewing what was their first Stones concert experience)

Others could be where you are in the venue, how intoxicated you are and whether the people around you get on your tits enough to cutail your enjoyment

Not forgetting the levels of expectancy you have. If you go along with the 'I'm just glad they're still around' attitude, its always going to be great (I'm not knocking people with that attitude - whatever floats your boat)

I think however, in all honesty, that one that many overlook is how you feel having come out of a show where you've paid what is a lot of money for a ticket. Lets face it, you're going to feel (and maybe look) a bit silly if you pay $450 for a ticket and then come out afterwards saying it was crap. It takes a lot to admit publicly that its anything other than "worth the money" if you've spent that kind of cash.

I've enjoyed to varying degrees every Stones show I've been to, and there were a few on the last tour which were as brilliant as any I've ever been to (wembley 29/8/03 especially) - but at the same time - with the exception of the theatre show I saw on the last tour - I dont think they've been worthy of the price tag since the Bridges tour.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 976
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home