Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Now vs No. 2
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 8, 2005 22:00

i was foraging for early recording session dates over on nzentgraf.de, and got interested some listings implying that some of the tracks on Now differ from the same tracks on No 2. would any of you who have both albums feel like outlining what the differences are, please and thank you kindly?

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Re: Now vs No. 2
Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: November 8, 2005 23:33

with sssoul, that's funny that I just saw this post of yours now, after having posed the question of the differing "Time Is On My Side" versions in another thread. Thanks for the "Everybody Needs Somebody To Love" differing info, too.

I too am interested in hearing of any other differing versions between same tracks. It's difficult for me to do since "No 2" doesn't exist on CD and I don't have the original vinyl of it.

Thanks and cheers!

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: November 8, 2005 23:40

no.2 is on Cd

Date: November 8, 2005 23:45

It is? I must have missed it! Maybe I'll grab a copy!

Thanks!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 8, 2005 23:49

Everybody Needs Somebody To Love

The Rolling Stones Now 2.57
The Rolling Stones No2 5.06

The Rolling Stones No2 has been released on CD in Japan.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: November 8, 2005 23:50

Withsssoul - This was one of the most difficult comparisons to find as Abkco have
ignored the original No 2 but have re-issued different versions of the early albums mixing the UK/USA formats.

but here goes -

ROLLING STONES
NO.2!
Label: Decca LK 4661 (Mono)
Producer: Andrew Loog Oldham/Arr. Stones
Release Date: 1964

A
Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
Down Home Girl
You Can't Catch Me
Time Is On My Side
What a Shame
Grown Up Wrong

B
Down the Road Apiece
Under The Boardwalk
I Can't Be Satisfied
Pain In My Heart
Off The Hook
Suzie-Q

Rolling Stones Now -

1. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
2. Down Home Girl
3. You Can’t Catch Me
4. Heart Of Stone
5. What A Shame
6. Mona (I Need You Baby)
7. Down The Road Apiece
8. Off The Hook
9. Pain In My Heart
10. Oh Baby (We Got A Good Thing Goin’)
11. Little Red Rooster
12. Surprise, Surprise

Hpoe that this will assist.

Date: November 8, 2005 23:53

Is the 5:06 version of ENSTL the one that's on More Hot Rocks? I don't have my copy of More Hot Rocks in front of me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-08 23:55 by sf37.

Date: November 8, 2005 23:57

thanks Rockman - and how interesting:
the version on More Hot Rocks is an even 5:00; it lacks those utterly charming countervocals in the intro of the Now version - does No 2 have those?
i've also got an "unreleased stereo long version" around here somewhere - but it's past my bedtime. :E

oh and thank you too, Stones40 - where we can find what tracks is part of the question,
but we're hoping to sort out what different versions of certain tracks are out there, and where.

- Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-09 00:02 by with sssoul.

Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: November 9, 2005 00:01

Would be cool if you would post the unreleased one here after bedtime with ssoul! Sleep well!

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: November 9, 2005 00:01

withsssoul - The more that i tried to find the correct songs for No 2 the more intrigued i became over their very early recordings in the UK & track listings
Early EP'S & Albums as follows-

E.P.s

Jan '64
The Rolling Stones - Bye Bye Johnny/Money/You Better Move On/Poison Ivy

Decca DFE 8560

Aug '64
Five By Five - If You Ever Need Me/Empty Heart/2120 South Michigan Avenue/Confessin' The Blues/Around And Around

Decca DFE 8590

Jun '65
Got Live If You Want It - We Want The Stones/Everybody Needs Somebody/Pain In My Heart/Route 66/I'm Moving On/I'm Alright

Decca DFE 8620

L.P.s

Apr '64
The Rolling Stones - Route 66/I Just Wanna Make Love To You/Honest I Do/Mona/Now I've Got A Witness/Little By Little/I'm A King Bee/Carol/Can I Get A Witness?/You Can Make It If You Try/Walkin' The Dog

Decca LK 4605

Jan '65
The Rolling Stones No. 2 - Everybody Needs Somebody To Love/Down Home Girl/You Can't Catch Me/Time Is On My Side/What A Shame/Grown Up Wrong/Down The Road Apiece/Under The Boardwalk/I Can't Be Satisfied/Pain In My Heart/Off The Hook/Suzie Q

Decca LK 4661

Oct '65
Out Of Our Heads - She Said Yeah/Mercy, Mercy/Hitch Hike/That's How Strong My Love Is/Good Times/Got To Get Away/Talkin' 'Bout You/Cry To Me/We Got A Good Thing Going/Heart Of Stone/Under Assistant West Coats Promotion Man/I'm Free

Decca LK 4733

The early days were when an EP by the Stones entered the singles charts at No 5 .

Date: November 9, 2005 00:02

Thanks guys!

with sssoul - - do you have that "unreleased stereo long version" version on computer? If so I'd please love to get a copy of it, if possible (and if you can find it - - ha ha)!

While I think of it - - does anyone have the extra long stereo version of "She Was Hot" they can provide through a download?

Enjoy your sleep tonight!

Date: November 9, 2005 00:04

sorry, folks - i don't have that "unreleased stereo long version" on my computer,
so i won't be able to upload it.
it's on the 3-CD boot called More Stoned Than You'll Ever Be, if that's any help, or comfort, or just sheer information. :E
(it's a beautiful set, by the way - i recommend it real highly.)

- Keith

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 9, 2005 00:05

More Hot Rocks SACD...carries the mono 5.07 version.

*More SACD also has Pioson Ivy cancelled 7" version and EP version.

ROCKMAN

Date: November 9, 2005 00:07

No problem, with sssoul. Thanks for sharing the title of the bootleg. I'll keep my eyes peeled for it!

Thanks too Rockman, for the More Hot Rocks info!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-09 00:09 by sf37.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1758
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home