Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

did they film the hollywood bowl show
Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: November 7, 2005 19:12

from nick,
does anyone know, it would seem that these would be two cool shows to film for a future release or live cd, yeah i know we have a ton of live cds, but all down the line, get off my cloud, midnight rambler, i would still buy it , any info is appreciated

Re: did they film the hollywood bowl show
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 7, 2005 21:36

I havent heard any plans to and I would seriously doubt it

I would imagine that, as usual, if theres a DVD from this tour, it would probably be an edited version of a live PPV broadcast as was the case from the last three American tours

I hope to Christ theres no live album. The sales of the last two should have given them enough of a hint that that whole concept is a decade past it's sell-by date...

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: November 7, 2005 22:00

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> I hope to Christ theres no live album. The sales
> of the last two should have given them enough of a
> hint that that whole concept is a decade past it's
> sell-by date...

I think the question is about a film, moreso than a cd. I'd like to see a well-produced film/ dvd of a show or shows this tour, and of course Flicks did very well and stands up as a great testament to the Licks tour.

On a separate note, who's the woman that the editor keeps cutting to during the Flicks version of PiB? It's not the "paint it black, you devil" woman is it?
What a sweetheart.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 7, 2005 23:07

Yes and no.

They had cameras at the Bowl as always. And the great think was they did not see the cameras, because there was not any space in the front, so all the cameras were portable on stage. So it was less posing to the cameras and more rock'n roll.

But when they do a proper professional recording for DVD production they have a LOT MORE cameras, like always panning cameras to pick up crowd and also stage panning and so on. I did not see any of this. So they might release a song may be but not a full production. At least not from the first show. And I don't think the Bowl is easy for the Stones to do production in. Very little space for cameras. olympia and other venues are much beter for that. Which is good for the Bowl crowd of course but bad for those who could not go there and experience sucha great venue and performance.

Bjornulf

Date: November 8, 2005 19:13

I'd love a live album from this tour.We still need an official modern live version of Midnight Rambler on cd.I also prefer Back Of My Hand;Oh No,Not You Again;Infamy;and Rough Justice live even though the live version of Infamy is without the harmonica.Other songs like Get Off Of My Cloud & whatever else they might add would also be nice.I don't care how many other people buy it but,they would have at least 35,000 copies sold right away over the first week or two.I'm sure that's still a profit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1360
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home