Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Time for Mick Taylor to rejoin, Ronnie on bass
Posted by: mr. pitiful ()
Date: November 5, 2005 21:48

The Stones need a top notch musician and 5 Brits. If Cream can forgive and forget, it's time For Taylor to be forgiven for his stupid decision to quit the band in the first place. Before he rejoins, i would assume they would require him to lose the fat suit and lay off the Twinkies though.

Re: Time for Mick Taylor to rejoin, Ronnie on bass
Date: November 5, 2005 21:55

I'll second that! Bring him back.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: November 5, 2005 22:02

The exit from the Stones is one way only. Once you leave, you ain't ever comin' back. Taylor is never coming back, Wyman is never coming back, not even for a guest spot. I doubt either of them wants to. I don't think Taylor does at all.

Bill said he would play a few gigs with them in the UK if he had a few days to rehearse with them first, so he probably is a bit peeved that they don't ask, but overall he is happy to be out of the band. He won't even sign Stones albums and goes around telling people "I'm not a Stone anymore!"

So we know Bill would never rejoin the band on a full-time basis. Given that, they are smart not to let him do a guest spot. Because if they did, everyone would rave "that was so incredible, they sounded so much better, chance of a lifetime to see all five together again, etc, etc." And they'd be right. But when Bill's guest spot was over and it was back to Darryl at the next concert, the fans would rip Darryl to shreds. You think they rag on him now, if Wyman had just played the same songs two days before everyone would be reminded that Darryl's playing just ain't the same, and he and the band would get slagged in the press and on the internet. Much more so than they already do.

The same goes for Taylor. I doubt he would want to rejoin full-time, and I doubt the results would be that great if he did. His playing is no better than Richards and Wood these days, and there would be too many personality conflicts, too many hurt feelings.

So why shouldn't they at least let him do a guest spot? Because even if he sucked, Taylor fans would say it was great and proof that Ron needs to be demoted or kicked out immediately. Ronnie gets enough grief. Smart call by the Stones not to include either of them anymore. They made their choices when they quit. Worked out well for Bill, not so much for Taylor, but that's life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-05 22:04 by ohnonotyouagain.

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: November 5, 2005 22:03

oh no not this discussing again ......sorry

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: November 5, 2005 22:14

Everyone knows it won't happen. But what a splendid dream it is!

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: November 5, 2005 23:55

He had his chance and split, I doubt the band would ever want to depend on him again. besides if they had to replace Ronnie I am sure they could find a better replacement then that has been.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 5, 2005 23:56

mr. pitiful Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Stones need a top notch musician and 5 Brits.
> If Cream can forgive and forget, it's time For
> Taylor to be forgiven for his stupid decision to
> quit the band in the first place. Before he
> rejoins, i would assume they would require him to
> lose the fat suit and lay off the Twinkies though.

Wow..what an original idea for a thread!

how is Cream a comparison?

they disbanded - the Stones had one guy who chose to leave

Does it ever occur to any of these folks still living outside of the real world that maybe Taylor doesnt really WANT to rejoin?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-06 01:55 by Gazza.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: November 5, 2005 23:57

hahahahaha!!! i can just see 4 skinny stones rockin out on stage and taylor all bloated sitting on a stool facing a wall, motionlessly playing awesome solos. sorry, ronnie is a great addition to the stones. i for one DONT want taylor back. ronnie and keith are all about the weave. happens every show. i love it. taylor would go off soloing rather than duel with keith.

give it a rest. smiling smiley

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: November 6, 2005 00:21

Well put Drake.

The horse died 30 years ago please stop kicking it.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 6, 2005 01:14

Such a waste of time to post stuff like this. I won't even bother to delete it.

Bjornulf

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: November 6, 2005 03:52

Were they looking for a bass player, Graham Maby of Joe Jackson's band is the one I'd recommend.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: November 6, 2005 06:18

Oh I really wish people would quit dreaming Mick Taylor is never going to rejoin the Stones. Its been 30 years people come on now he is history gone forever.

Posted by: monkey_man ()
Date: November 6, 2005 11:48

i personally can´t imagine the stones without ronnie!i´m a new fan. so i´m used to the current line up of the band. ronnie has a lot of charisma! he can´t be replaced!!

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: November 6, 2005 12:02

Hey! There's an innovative idea!

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: November 6, 2005 17:27

No need to wory he's not being replaced.

Date: November 6, 2005 19:38

Rickster Wrote:
> No need to wory he's not being replaced.

It appears that the idea is to replace Darryl, not Ronnie.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: November 6, 2005 20:18

monkey_man,

Ofcourse Ronnie can be replaced.

Drake,

What 'weave'? You are a politician's dream! You've really fallen for this 'weave' spin. It's often little better than a confused wall of mess.

Ronnie's playing (with Stones)is ragged at best these days.

He sure looks the part though. No, they won't replace him, because by comparison, he makes Richards' playing seem fantastic.

Gazza is right. Why should Taylor rejoin? For the money? No, he's got too much integrity. For the music? No, his interests have developed.

An occasional one-off gig would be treat. Just as Taylor does sometimes with Mayall's band.

And to all those above who say Taylor can't play - get a hearing aid, or go to a gig or two. I have loads of boots of his which bear constant repetition. Always a new angle, a new phrase and tone.

I saw quite a few Licks' gigs. Enjoyed them all. But after the nostalgia factor was gone, I had no inclination to listen to them again for the quality of the playing.

A Stones' gig these days can still be an intense, compulsive, exciting afair. But unlike Ya-yas, Brussells and some others, few of their concerts are quality, self-contained musical entities that cohere from beginning to end - without cock-ups and low points - and that hold up to the test of time.

Taylor would challenge Keith, in a good way I think. Probably Richards doesn't want to have to raise his game though.

I'm looking forward to Stones shows and Taylor shows next year. Getting the best of both worlds.

Date: November 7, 2005 01:02

Taylor still plays great - saw him last year with Mayall and he was pretty good.

However, this isnt 1974. The Stones have moved on since then. Unfortunately some of their fans haven't and still talk about this pipedream as if the guy can just slip back into his old place in the band as if he's putting on a pair of old slippers.

Taylor's quite evidently not that interested in playing much but blues anyway. The Stones arent, apart from the occasional token gesture.

It simply wouldnt work on any level, aside from the occasional cameo.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 7, 2005 02:26

silly idea, go have your head examined fool

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 7, 2005 04:08

While we're at it, how about promoting Chuck to Musical Director, and take him off the stage. His pointing at the crowd from the B_stage is driving me nuts.

Date: November 7, 2005 04:25

drbryant Wrote:
> While we're at it, how about promoting Chuck to
> Musical Director,

he already is!

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: November 7, 2005 06:42

it will never happen,but anyone on this board that doesn't think taylor could still wipe the floor with ronnie is out of touch.don't get me wrong i love ronnie and ronnies great,but he'd be the 1st to admit he is no mick taylor.

john scialfa

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: November 7, 2005 06:48

taylor is fat and has stagefright to an extreme degree give it up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1550
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home