Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

About the closed Paris thread
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: November 6, 2005 02:08

Bjornulf,

It's an old problem, I know and you are sure tired of discussing it over and over again.

But the thread about the riots in Paris was just a very interesting discussion about an event that obviously raises a lot of discussion. And I don't think that we (and I feel part of IORR) should go the way Shidooobee does and just close any thread that has a political subject. No one got insulted there as far as I could tell.

I will not start discussing the subject again, I don't want to provoce a closed thread again, but I felt like commenting on the closure of the "riots in paris" thread as I felt it's not justified.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Re: About the closed Paris thread
Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: November 6, 2005 02:17

What can a poor boy do, on this board there's just no place for a Street Fighting Man.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: November 6, 2005 04:41

I agree. The revolution that started in Paris and spreading like wildfire across France is assuredly the single most important topic of the day. I very much appreciate any comments on this from the European community, especially from the distinguished, educated visitors/posters at this international forum. If we are censored and unable to discuss this than Europe is truly in more trouble than I want to imagine. Bjornulf....you service no one but the enemy when you do this.

over and out

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: November 6, 2005 08:27

I certainly don't mind that he closed itsmiling smiley

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: November 6, 2005 09:47

Well, at least we still got the threads about "Hair implants" and "All the junkies in Oslo" to make our contributions to. LOL.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: November 6, 2005 11:20

I don't mind you closed it neither, Bjornulf. I feel we should keep this board Stones-only. Political discussions can cause allot of fights, which make this a very annoying place.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 7, 2005 01:12

Reptile Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't mind you closed it neither, Bjornulf. I
> feel we should keep this board Stones-only.
> Political discussions can cause allot of fights,
> which make this a very annoying place.

yeah, and music discussions don't? smiling smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 7, 2005 01:35

Duane in Houston Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree. The revolution that started in Paris and
> spreading like wildfire across France is assuredly
> the single most important topic of the day.

not on a site specifically aimed at discussing the Rolling Stones it isnt. I would guess that these sites are a bit of escapism from that sort of crap for many people

I very
> much appreciate any comments on this from the
> European community, especially from the
> distinguished, educated visitors/posters at this
> international forum.

then check out a site specifically aimed at those issues if you want 'distinguished' opinions on it. On here, its generally irrelevant and tedious - and the rantings of unqualified self appointed experts - regardless of what their political slant happens to be - is laughable. You're hardly qualified to discuss issues in countries that you dont live in, but you're pretty quick to pontificate about it,as can be seen by this post

If we are censored and unable
> to discuss this than Europe is truly in more
> trouble than I want to imagine.

to equate someone trying to keep a Stones board free of political bickering by people who invariably end up being too rude to discuss it maturely with the political freedom of an entire continent merely shows that its yourself whose sense of logic is in 'trouble', mate

Bjornulf....you
> service no one but the enemy when you do this.

I'm sure 'they' are really bothered. And you're speaking on everyone's behalf, no doubt...

Its Bjornulf's site. He's paying for the webspace. We aren't. We're guests. If he doesnt want it polluted with politics, then that request should be respected. I'm sure theres other places for those who cant handle that request to go.

I know what Lorenz said in that no-one got insulted is true, but its always only a matter of time with these topics.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-07 02:32 by Gazza.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2089
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home