Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stupid Girl
Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: October 25, 2005 06:13

I always loved this fun little tune. The question is In todays ridiculous "oversensitive" politically correct environment would they ever dare do it live in a small venue? Or would they simply fear the backlash / repercussions from woman interests groups like N.O.W. etc. Hell ladies you wouln't mind right? Or do you think they would not give a crap after all their the Stones right.

No I think Mick would not risk the bad press. Play it safe! would be too risky in todays society. I'd love to hear it!!!! Play to those "Stupid Girls"! Remember the good old days when it would not be a big deal. Tune is A+ MEZ

Re: Stupid Girl
Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: October 25, 2005 13:30

Here's the Stupid Girl Chrissie Shrimpton. Jagger wrote the song after he broke up with her. (I can imagine why!).

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: October 25, 2005 13:55

never got the Chrissie S. thing. Were people's standards just different back then? As to what was foxy? Cause she is a dog.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 25, 2005 14:04

it's not the way she gave in willingly ...

excerpt from a 2005 interview:
GQ: What advice do you give your sons about women?
MJ: Be kind.

Date: October 25, 2005 14:13

I shouldn't have called CS a "dog". that was rude. But she was still kind of not-that-pretty, no?

Date: October 25, 2005 14:14

Hi sssoul I see you're on-line. To show a photo from photobucket how to you get it into the bucket?

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: October 25, 2005 14:17

Jagger's taste seemed to be improved over the years!

Luciana Morad the mother of Jagger's youngest child Lucas.

Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: October 25, 2005 16:54

I think CS is kinda cute there actually, because she doesn't think she is, but that's my own thing...

Anyway, Stupid Girl being purportedly an offensive song is so COMPELL-EET-LY stupid, it makes me wanna puke (some of that language seems to be rubbing off on me)!!!
Jagger doesn't sing about the girls being a congenitally stupid "race", ON THE ACTUAL CONTRARY, he makes the point that a specific girl he sings about happens to be stupid! Anyone with an ounce of intelligence should see this nuance, and if not should go seek medical help ASAP...
And on top of it, the song actually details how stupid the girl is by giving examples of un-intelligent, unwise behaviour and not by saying it's because she wouldn't get laid (for instance, like a typical early era RnR song). How can you get a better appreciation of INTELLIGENT WOMEN than that??
I tell you, if such movements are REALLY offended by SG, the Stones should have the balls (pardon me, girls!) and make a POINT of playing it on stage in 2005!!

Date: October 25, 2005 17:13

smile: i still remember how aghast i was when i first heard Stupid Girl -
aghast as in "eeeeek *i"m* not like that am i?!?"
i firmly believe the number had a great effect on a lot of little girls who then
went out of our ways *never ever* to be anything like that.

>> To show a photo from photobucket how to you get it into the bucket? <<
sorry to be so late - i missed your question earlier, ChelseaDrugstore!
let me dig up the link to the instructions i posted yesterday ...
here you go!
[iorr.org]
(one thing a forgot to mention: not every site accepts bmp and gif format photos,
so it's best to stick with jpg)

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-25 17:16 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: October 25, 2005 17:49

Right, it brings out insecurities in folks (girls AND boys) and that's good! IMO this is what a lot of inspired Rolling Stones songs are about.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 25, 2005 17:57

She's not that bad, is she?

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: October 25, 2005 18:07

That's her sister Jeannie Shrimpton, the model.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: October 25, 2005 18:18

yeah, they are brutal all right. :E
and that "shut up shut up" part - LoFL, that's so beautifully, obnoxiously nuts!
ahh they were kids, amazingly keeping their balance in that pressure-cooker they were living in ...
they came down here, out of the heavens, to show us how it's done.

- 1966, by Stu

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 25, 2005 18:54

great idea James!!.....be great to see the boys "push the buttons" of all of those "repressed" politically correct uptight zombies....ps its a GREAT song! love to hear the jagger "snarl" once again

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-25 18:56 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 25, 2005 20:29

They did play Some Girls a few years ago, and it has some pretty controversial lyrics. I'd rather hear that one again instead of Stupid Girl.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1376
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home