Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

mick taylor
Posted by: michel ()
Date: October 21, 2005 20:14

I love his playing but he always looks sooo uninterested its really irritating. I am glad ronnie replaced him, for new energy more real band playing(example el mocombo)I think this helped the stones to go on for so long. Yeahhh I love ronnieeee!!!!! who agrees??

Re: mick taylor
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 21, 2005 20:17

we're talkin different personalities...mick t= shy & introverted...ron w=eccentric & outgoing.........woody helped their visual appeal...mick t didnt need to move around...micky j took care of that for everybody

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-21 20:19 by Leonard Keringer.

Date: October 21, 2005 20:24

I love we had/have either Mick or Ronnie who are both much better than a grimacing bungler like Neil Young for example

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: October 21, 2005 20:29

What about Charlie and Bill? Not particularly lively either.

Karl

Date: October 21, 2005 21:53

actually the only time taylor smiled was at the end, clip its only rock and roll, must have thought I am out of here soon!!
Bill and charlie are real stones and just look and act cool and nice!!!!
But taylor always looks like he needs to take a shit!!!!smiling smiley

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: October 21, 2005 22:00

He did take a shit, it was called his solo career.

Date: October 21, 2005 22:01

michel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> actually the only time taylor smiled was at the
> end, clip its only rock and roll, must have
> thought I am out of here soon!!
> Bill and charlie are real stones and just look and
> act cool and nice!!!!
> But taylor always looks like he needs to take a
> shit!!!!

who gives a frick what he looked like....he sounded GREAT!!!

Date: October 21, 2005 22:36

ofcourse he did,but I always wonder why he was so sad, upthere with the stones making great records and doing cool tours, and still looking sooo bored amazing! problably roalties etc but still. I always think come on man whats up. And then with ronnie its really more than just a good sounding band, the real band feeling came back.It cheered the whole thing up. So a lot of credit for ronnie that the stones are still around.

Date: October 21, 2005 22:37

dont think mr.taylor was bored...you'd have to have no pulse to be bored up there...he's just a shy lad is all

Date: October 21, 2005 22:51

Leonard Keringer Wrote:
> dont think mr.taylor was bored...you'd have to
> have no pulse to be bored up there...he's just a
> shy lad is all

Why do you think he left the stones?(next to the fact that he was becoming a junkie) because he was....

Date: October 21, 2005 23:00

michel Wrote:
> Leonard Keringer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > dont think mr.taylor was bored...you'd have
> to
> > have no pulse to be bored up there...he's
> just a
> > shy lad is all
>
>
> Why do you think he left the stones?(next to the
> fact that he was becoming a junkie) because he
> was....

good question michel....biggest mistake of his life.....sad, sad, sad

Date: October 21, 2005 23:32

hey those are good song titles mansmiling smiley yeah but in the whole story of the stones I think its okay like this, he peaked with them, en the ronnie helped them peak again in 78, and after that they ve kept it up until now. But ofcourse if you dont like ronnie you have a problem after '74. I like the three of them brian, taylor,and ronnie. I play random stones all the time from their first lp untill a bigger bang, so for me its eazy, but its just that every time I see mick taylor I wonder whats up with him besides that he is shy.and come to think of it maybe they ripped him of a little, by not putting his name on the credits, but I wonder if he ever wrote a real song for the stones, besides ventilator blues, wich has his credits. but songs like winter and sway and even time waits for no one are jagger songs were he just helped out good gitar parts and solos but thats something else than songwriting.

Date: October 21, 2005 23:36

yeah the stones may have ripped him off a bit (songwriting) but he still had the best gig in the world...i bet he was frustrated because of his shy personality...he may have wanted to assert himself in the band and couldnt...just a guess

Date: October 21, 2005 23:59

yeah it took ronnie about 20 years to officially(in financial terms)become a rolling stone. and ten years before he got some credits on dirty work.I guess taylor didnt wanna wait that long.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 22, 2005 00:03

Lot of bitterness over the songwriting. Otherwise, he should be damn proud of what he did over 5 albums and 2 tours.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 24, 2005 04:33

What was the occasion for Taylor showing up for one night in 1981 in Kansas City of all places?

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: October 24, 2005 05:05

Taylor was playing with a band of his own in Kansas City and stoppped by. I was lucky enough to be there since I'm from K.C. He kind of just stood off stage right and played and did not interact with the band except when Ronnie would go over to him. Keith nor Mick did not even look his way. The sound at the show was the worst,just a wall of guitars. I think the name of the place he was playing was call "The Grand Emporem". Muddy Waters ,Stevie Ray and a host of others passed through the place.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-24 05:11 by ohcarol.

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: October 24, 2005 05:52

Micks' a serious Capricorn, Ronnie's a "2 directions at once" Gemini...

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1486
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home