Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

MSGJanuary
Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: October 17, 2005 19:48

I hear that tickets for the shows in Madison Square Garden are priced at USD 1500 to 3000 at EBAY... Terrible! I'm going to both shows and would like to spend the night with a wild bunch of true fans - not corporate America in pink shirts ond ugly ties... Like in September - the show was brilliant, the crowd was quiet. Just because there were too many business people bringing their clients... Too much hospitality. Please, this time, stay at home! Go somewhere else. Let the true fans in... Go see Paul McCartney - you'll probably know his songs...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-17 19:50 by shidoobee.

Re: MSGJanuary
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 17, 2005 21:58

the people paying that kind of money could well be non-corporate fans who missed out originally and just happen to be very affluent (personally, I'd describe that as having more money than sense or taste).

And they mightnt know many of the songs either. Theres plenty of them, it appears

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: October 17, 2005 23:00

Hey, not everyone will be "corporate"!!

I am travelling from Portugal!!!!! just to see a dream come true:

The Stones at the Garden!!!

Posted by: Jazzman5 ()
Date: October 18, 2005 02:09

My guess is that there will be more corporate stiffs at the Cream shows at MSG this week, than the Stones in January. They say Cream is getting up to $5K per ticket!!! Boy do they have a sad life. If it's any consolation, I'll be there both nights, wearing my GAP jeans and probably a flannel shirt w/ sneakers and be the one NEVER sitting down. Where are you seated? Both nights?

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: October 18, 2005 15:45

any suggestions as to how to get a reaonably proced ticket for the show?? I hate a missing a NYC show and it appears i might this time around as i am curreently shut out for both.

Date: October 18, 2005 16:28

there appeared to be very few to begin with - the % of tickets in the $450 range seemed incredibly high for this show compared to for other shows.

Date: October 18, 2005 18:30

i agree, there are $450 seats in the 200 section., those should be $103. i got $179 tix in the 100 section for the October show

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 18, 2005 18:45

what do you expect from ny....everythings overpriced there

Posted by: rock'nroller ()
Date: October 18, 2005 20:11

I bought all single seats for the two Garden shows, and lucked out big time with getting 100 level, row A, usually on the aisle. I have never had luck getting two good seats together, so the ticket is to go for one at a time, especially at MSG. BTW, they were all $175!

You all will be the first to know if I've got extras!!! Let me know and I'll start my list...

I assume everyone thinks the Friday show will be the ticket, right?

Date: October 18, 2005 20:49

Rock N Roller, if you truly might have etxras and are making a list, put me on it.

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: October 22, 2005 12:20

My seating is front row on Jan 18th and 3rd row Jan 20th. And if anyone should dare to ask me to sit down and cross my arms and legs, like a proper lady, some *@^*** language will be used. And if they don't let me sing and dance still, my right hook is frighteing - with the ring and all... Corporate America, you're hereby warned. I'm flying over from Oslo, Norway for these shows, and I'm gonna have a ball!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 22, 2005 17:53

The closer you get to the front the higher the VIP and white wine factor is getting. Unfortunately. But - good news - as they leave before the encore you get more space to rock then.

Bjornulf

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 22, 2005 18:01

shidoobee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My seating is front row on Jan 18th and 3rd row
> Jan 20th. And if anyone should dare to ask me to
> sit down and cross my arms and legs, like a proper
> lady, some *@^*** language will be used. And if
> they don't let me sing and dance still, my right
> hook is frighteing - with the ring and all...
> Corporate America, you're hereby warned. I'm
> flying over from Oslo, Norway for these shows, and
> I'm gonna have a ball!

Shidoobee, I want you at every concert I go to from now on to "take care of" anyone who dares tell me to sit down smiling smiley

Date: October 22, 2005 19:08

where will the libations be flowing before hand on the 20th. i'd love to meet some of you guys! Even if the extra beers cost me a piss break during the worst.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: October 22, 2005 19:12

i need a white wine tic 4 the 20th

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 22, 2005 19:15

I always leave before the encore to beat the traffic, and skip the
1000th version of a warhorse

Date: October 22, 2005 22:16

Leonard Keringer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what do you expect from ny....everythings
> overpriced there

Dont think you can blame the city's reputation for high prices on the fact that an incredibly high percentage of the tickets for these shows appear to be in the $450 range compared to those in other cities in the US

No excuse for the band and their promoters discriminating against one set of concert goers just because of where they happen to live.

I managed to get $179 tickets on the first level for both nights on pre-sales. It wasnt easy! Oddly enough I got the exact same seats but 2 rows apart both nights. Doesnt seem that there were that many in that price range. It'd be interesting to see how many $60 and $99 tickets were on sale for these shows. I dont know of anyone who got them

Posted by: Chas44 ()
Date: October 22, 2005 22:40

Gazza I got 4 in section 426 row a during the pre sale they were 66.00 plus fees

Date: October 22, 2005 22:51

So, YOU'RE the one, Chas!

Posted by: Chas44 ()
Date: October 23, 2005 00:25

I'll be looking to upgrade if not I'll be taking a walk

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1482
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home