Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

About the Tampa Set List Last Night
Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: October 20, 2005 11:55

It is very sad that they they dropped 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' for the first time this tour. Unless someone in the band was ill, I can't imagine why they would not even squeeze out this 21st song. It is a great audience hit every show.

Re: About the Tampa Set List Last Night
Posted by: Meise ()
Date: October 20, 2005 12:40

The Stones are doing what they've always been done. They start with two encores and after a while they drop one. Next step: reducing the song selection from some 20 songs down to 19 or even 18. Set lists in America are always much more preferrable than later in Asia and Europe. Finally, the only will play the warhorses and that's it.
It's sad but ...

Posted by: john r ()
Date: October 20, 2005 19:30

This isn't what they've "always" done - they never even came close to the 2 hour mark until the '75 tour, then the '78 show was shorter (16 - 17 songs).

Date: October 20, 2005 19:43

They haven't gone down to 18 songs yet,other than warm up club shows and maybe the German club show in '03 which featured an extended I Can't Turn You Loose,since '78.From '81 up until at least '98 they averaged around 23 or 24 songs per concert.They started with 25,26,or 27 on some tours and then they reduce the # as the tour goes on.I say they should pick a reasonable number and stick with it so that you know what you're getting.Why should one guy's $450 get him 22 songs and another guy who pays the same get 20?If they don't want to play something,there are plenty of other songs that they could replace it with.

Date: October 20, 2005 22:44

No, that's not true. During the Hannover concert in 2003 they played 18 songs, even though MR and YCAGWYW were among them. There was not a single suprise, only warhorses. I know what I'm talking about.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 20, 2005 22:48

my bro went last night and said it was a great show!!! he has been to dozens...he is cool but not as cool as me!!!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 20, 2005 22:53

19 songs in Hannover.
[iorr.org]

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 20, 2005 22:57

the tour's a bust!

Posted by: ICTJL ()
Date: October 20, 2005 22:59

[iorr.org]

Circus krone 18 songs

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: October 21, 2005 03:14

T&A Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the tour's a bust!

Yep, might as well cancel the damn thing now and get it over with>>>>>>>>>>>

Posted by: rock'nroller ()
Date: October 21, 2005 03:21

Listen, yesterday they were forcasting the worst hurricane in Stones history to hit Florida. The tour guides probably just recommended taking a flight out of town after the show, rather than deal with the BS of a toughened flight schedule leaving Tampa on Thursday. Give the guys a break!!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 21, 2005 05:37

Nothing wrong with the Tampa show. And Wilma will not be around until the week-end, so they were not in a hurry. And talking of set lists, they are working on at least two more songs from the new album now. So why worry? Be happy!

PS. None of the average people in the crowd want new songs. They just sit down and wonder. And may be absorb. But there is a limit of how long and how much you can sit down and learn during a rock show. After all it is not like going back to school.

Bjornulf

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: October 21, 2005 05:45

Can't The Stones just be The Stones? God, give them a break you guys.

Date: October 21, 2005 06:22

Circus Krone was the German club show in 2003 that I was making reference to.I know what I'm talking about.

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: October 21, 2005 06:26

I've been to abbreviated Stones shows before, it could have been any mundane thing, someone wasn't feeling well, needed to catch a flight (as someone already said), whatever. It's no hanging matter.

Date: October 21, 2005 06:28

I think the tour is a bust in some ways.On the other hand,there are some things being done well & there is still time to make improvements if they really want to.That is the main question.Do they want to make improvements to their concerts or just keep cutting them short?

Date: October 21, 2005 10:18

I don't mock about the Stones, their shows and setlists. It was just a statement.

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: October 21, 2005 12:21

Theif in the Night Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think the tour is a bust in some ways.On the
> other hand,there are some things being done well
> & there is still time to make improvements if
> they really want to.That is the main question.Do
> they want to make improvements to their concerts
> or just keep cutting them short?

I'm just curious... precisely which shows have you seen that were "busts" ??

You seem to speak with such authority about the entire tour... there's now around 20 or 30 shows ...

How many have you seen, and which were "busts" please...

Did you leave early to beat the traffic ??

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home