Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

You can understand the difference between the serious criticism and the rediculus nagging...
Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: October 16, 2005 19:45

...just seeing how some "typical naggers" are saying and unsaying...

(A) During 8 years (1997-2005) a typical nagger was moaning about the loss of the band's creativity and productivity. OK, no problem. After listening to ABB album, the same typical nagger is bitching about the "huge" (16) number of the songs. OK, no problem too, IF the person TRULY believes that in this case we have "quantity Vs quality". He says "the Stones cannot write good songs anymore" or (the "better" case) "they cannot write a decent number of good songs anymore". BUT the same nagger, who obviously is not interesting in more new stuff of the Stones, complains again. Why? Because he must pay for a new DVD to hear two more new songs. Gimme a break...

(cool smiley A typical nagger is complaining everytime about the setlists, but he NEVER knows why!
(a) He says "What a shame, they play a lot of warhorses". But the Stones on this tour are performing less warhorses than they did on the previous tours, perhaps less than the big audiences want listening to. Don't ask him about it. A "nagger" has always right...
(b) He says "What a shame, the Stones play only 4 or 5 songs from the new record and this fact proves that they believe ABB is a bad album"! But the Stones never loved to play "a new album's list", except the 1972 tour (every night 9 songs from Exile, out of 18). In 1971 tour they were playing only 4 songs from Sticky Fingers. Don't ask him if SF was a bad album. A "nagger" has always right...
(c) During 3 days of an week he wants "basically the new stuff". During other 3 days he wants "basically older, unusual and rarely played stuff". Don't ask him what the hell he wants every Sunday. A "nagger" has always right...
(d) He says "What the shame, the lists haven't any variety". Don't tell him that in this tour the Stones have already performed 40 DIFFERENT songs. Don't remind him of the fact that in the past the band was performing, for example only 33 different songs during the WHOLE 1981/82 tour and only 37 songs during the WHOLE 1989/90 tour A "nagger" has always right...

(C) In a typical nagger's opinion, everything proves that the Stones are a "dead" band anymore. He was seeing everywhere "poor ticket sales" but the Stones are playing in packed venues, of course. Now he see "poor album sales" everywhere, despite the fact that only in in the USA the sales are truly poor. Even the so bad if not non-existent promotion, ABB was at #1 during two weeks on the Eurochart and the Worldwide chart too. It sells very well worldwide (already 1.6 million copies). Even in the States, ABB will probably sell better than, for example, the last album of Pearl Jam, for sure much better than the last Oasis album and... And look how poorly are selling, in comparison with them, not only the other "veterans" (Macca, Dylan, N. Young), but also bands which were almost "legendary" in the 80s, like Simple Minds. ABB sells better than some Stones almums in the 70s or 80s. Their stabitity is admirable, They are the best selling live act in the world, but don't ask a "nagger" about it. He 'll answer "i don't care about numbers and figures". A "nagger" has always right...

PS Some guys on this board are unable to pretending successfuly that they like the Stones. Not because they are criticals. Because they just can't hide themselves...

Re: You can understand the difference between the serious criticism and the rediculus nagging...
Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: October 16, 2005 20:01

You nailed it stickydion! Remember when they coverd the Muddy Waters tune "I Can't Be Satisfied?" Appropriate here...

Re: You can understand the difference between the serious criticism and the rediculus nagging...
Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: October 16, 2005 20:04

Naggers live in sad world,they think they know it all and they think stones owe
them something if they dont complain it does not make their day.
STONES ARE WAY OF LIFE SO NAGGERS CAN GET THE HELL OUT OF THIS SITE AND
LET THE STONES ROLL ON.KISH.

Date: October 16, 2005 22:31

kish_stoned, everyone who wants to stay in the site, can stay. As we see, this is a democratic site, fortunately. Even the pretenders can stay here! Even the guys who NEVER say something positive about the band. Never. Even the "fans" who say "the Stones are playing the same shit every night". OK, if anyone is into the Stones can complain about the setlist, fairly or not. But any person who says that the stuff of the band -from JJF to ONNYA- is "shit" (!) is obviously an unable pretender...

Posted by: kees ()
Date: October 16, 2005 22:57

Know your numbers sticky dion: in 78 they played mostly 8 songs from the great SG album.
If you call complaining about the fact, with a decent new album jus released, that they played in Philly only 5 never played before songs 'nagging', than I am truly a 'nagger'. Pleased to mee you.
They are just too lazy playing more from their great back catalogue and apparently do not have enough confidence in playing more new songs. Give me back Sway and put in Driving too fast.

Date: October 16, 2005 23:48

Kees, i know very well my numbers. In 1978 they were playing every night 7 songs and the number was clearly less than 50% of the playlist. I mention 1972 because 9 songs (from Exile) out of 17- 19 was a basically" new album's list". Do you want to put "1978 tour" on your side? No problem, put it. But the conclusion remains the same. What about ALL the other tours?

OK, agree about Sway and Driving To Fast. You mention two songs that i truly love. But is not our personal preferences and matters of taste the factor which makes a setlist "bad" or "good". Don't be so egoist. We say "i want Sway again", other guys say "i want 19th Nervous Breakdown again". We say "why not Driving To Fast", other guys say "why not I Go Wild". Why "Shattered" and not "Lies" or "Crazy Mama"?
I think the lists are OK. We have already 40 different songs, 12 of which hadn't been played during Licks Tour. A notable number of them had been played from one to 10 times only, out of 117 Licks concerts. What do you want? A list without JJF or Brown Sugar? I don't. And for sure don't want something like that the 95% of the big audiences. If you think the Stones are playing FOR YOU PERSONALY, stay home and play the CD's you want...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 16, 2005 23:59

You Can't Always Get What You Want - Mick Nagger.

Date: October 17, 2005 03:08

I Can Always Refuse What They* Want- Fan the Nagger.

* They= the Stones...

Posted by: martingo ()
Date: October 17, 2005 03:30

eye of the beholder.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 17, 2005 11:39

Stickydion, you are so right. Thanks for your post. I couldn't agree more

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: October 18, 2005 05:41

Thanks, Rolling Hansie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1241
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home