Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Last night's Philly show
Posted by: 2000 Man ()
Date: October 13, 2005 21:17

I have now saw the Stones 3 times this tour. I understand it would be great to have a personalized set list, but I think this tour is phenomenal. I had 5th row seats and to be that close to the band was amazing. Watching Keith attacking the riffs to JJF and Mick working the crowd I could have sat through Satisfaction of JJF 20 times in a row. I have to say that these concerts are an experience that I truly enjoy. I notice the crowd is much more boisterous during the "war horses" and in turn the Stones react to them. It's actually more interesting to watch Mick performing a war horse (with his facial expressions playing off the crowd) than an obscure song. I doubt the Stones could perform with such enthusiasm if the entire set list was hidden gems or new songs that the masses did not react too. Don't get me wrong, I would love to hear Let it Loose, or Jigsaw Puzzle, or She Was Hot but I have been quite content with the Stones selection this tour.

Re: Last night's Philly show
Posted by: john r ()
Date: October 14, 2005 05:35

I think there's a good point here, & speaks to how setlists don't convey very much in themselves about a show - They do play the classics/horses with amazing energy & conviction, & your point about how they thrive on the crowd's energy & reponse seems in my experience absolutely true, which is why I always scream & hoot & holler when they do the new ones & 'obsurities'

Posted by: stonestom ()
Date: October 14, 2005 05:37

2000 Man couldnt agree with you more. I felt the same way about Mick at the DC show he goes crazy and does great stuff when a section he is looking is going crazy right along with Mick. Its cool. Hail to the Stones! TOM

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: October 14, 2005 10:11

stonestom, 2000 Man, et al:

Absolutely. I was also at the DC show. Mick was incredible.

The band, the show, the audience, were all off the scale.

Forget the sterile arguments about setlists. These concerts are worth every farthing.

Best news for moi: I got drunk a month ago and bought good seats for First Mariner, Baltimore, next February. The next day I thought: What was I thinking?!

Now I read about the Charlottesville show (2 hours from my house - not to mention North Carolina), reflect on the fact that I didn't buy tickets, and wonder: What was I thinking?!?!?!?!?!

Posted by: terry ()
Date: October 14, 2005 11:04

its a good point 2000 man has made..so many moan about not enough obscure songs on these tours....but the crowd would lose interest very quickly... so many come to see a legend and want to hear the hits.so the stones have a balancing act with there setlist...i think its different if the stones play a club, then they can play more obsure songs...but in a stadium, it wont work, and the stones know that...i shall see the stones in europe a couple of times, but thats enough..i think some people go to many shows..no wonder they get bored with the setlist.i would love the stones to play stuff like poison ivy and you better move on, but the thirty thousand others wouldnt be so enthused...there playing 4 songs from a biggerbang, thats about right.they know what there at.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: October 14, 2005 19:32

Good point. Also, good answer to some guys who believe that the Stones are (or must) playing only for a bunch of "hardcore fans"and not for the big audiences...

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: October 14, 2005 20:55

iorr rocked ,,,,Sir Pirate spittin the cigarette out of his mouth @ the end of ycagwyw intro was sometin 2 c ,,, keef went nuts for jjf

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: October 15, 2005 00:18

>
> Now I read about the Charlottesville show (2 hours
> from my house - not to mention North Carolina),
> reflect on the fact that I didn't buy tickets, and
> wonder: What was I thinking?!?!?!?!?!

Scaffer - on the bad side, Charlottesville was a stellar performance

On the good side, I live 90 minutes from UVA and it took 3.5 hours to get there. On that night, you lived at least 4.25 hours away!

But you're right, I gotta get tix to Baltimore! It's hard to miss a show within a 100 miles of your home without great regret....or a 1000 for that matter!

Posted by: 2000 Man ()
Date: October 16, 2005 01:06

I actually have two for Baltimore (2 rows in front of the B stage). I hope my ears stop ringing by then. I am also tempted to find a couple for MSG, but I may have to somehow trick my wife.

I think I'll be ready for another concert in a couple of months. Ideally, it's nice to see the Stones a few times on tour in various settings (stadiums and arenas) if finances allow. I also like to space the shows out if at all possible.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1549
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home