Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

You Want Rarities? The Olympia on FF
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: October 15, 2005 05:59

Jeez, have you guys already forgotten this? We get a load of many rarities, presented for your approval onstage -- this was only two years ago, so fire up your DVD players and revel in them.

"No Expectations"
"Dance Pt. 1"
"Stray Cat Blues"
"Everybody Needs Somebody to Love"
"Heartbreaker"
"Going to a Go Go"
"The Nearness of You"
"That's How Strong My Love Is"

Get over yourselves, people. In the last three years, we have gotten more from the Stones than we've gotten in the previous 20. It is a freaking miracle, but too many of you are too self-absorbed and too blind to realize it.

Re: You Want Rarities? The Olympia on FF
Posted by: drake ()
Date: October 15, 2005 06:28

We're hardcore fans. We want the world. Whats wrong with asking that every tune they've ever written be performed on stage? So what if someone wants to hear a 30 minute version of Gomper...

Posted by: Buddha66 ()
Date: October 15, 2005 06:52

good one Drake...

but we live in the real world

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 15, 2005 06:53

i want a 30 minute version of gomper too!!

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: October 15, 2005 08:21

Olympia was my favourite show life time.

I think it is really hard to go backwards and as much as I have enjoyed the shows on ABB it is hard to compare them with Olympia or any of the other small shows.

I have friends who decided not to see many (more than one) ABB shows as a result. I don't agree with that but once you've seen the peak of Everest it is hard to settle for the view at mid-mountain.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: October 15, 2005 08:44

ABB tour has better setlists.

"Dance Pt. 1"
"Everybody Needs Somebody to Love"
"Going to a Go Go"
"The Nearness of You"
"That's How Strong My Love Is"
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Date: October 15, 2005 08:51

Slick:

If you didn't like FF Olympia then perhaps you should look for the new Brittany Spears Video. It may be more to your liking.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: October 15, 2005 09:26

Buddha66 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Slick:
>
> If you didn't like FF Olympia then perhaps you
> should look for the new Brittany Spears Video. It
> may be more to your liking.

You look for Britney Spears, Ill listen to ABBtour.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 15, 2005 09:38

Yeah, well, you know some Stones-fans, they're not of grateful nature. They've gotten more rarities in the club shows than the Stones have done in 30 years. They don't care. It's never enough. They've been spoiled with bootlegs. 25 years ago, there were hardly bootlegs. You were happy to catch one or two shows while lying in line for the tickets in a sleepling bag two days.

Now, with a single click of the mouse, you order 15 tickets for every show in the U.S. They go see all of them, and come back saying "THEY PLAYED THE SAME SONGS!! FRAUD BASTARDS!!".

Seeing every show is fine, but complaining you don't hear enough variation is a little stupid.
I'm not a guy with a mommy and daddy with 5 million bucks. I can't see all the shows. I'm a relatively young fan, and I'll be limited to one or two shows, and I'd like to hear Brown Sugar, Satisfaction, Start Me Up and so on on that night, because I've not seen it happen that much. Goes for about 60.000 other people in the stadium aswell.

Date: October 15, 2005 16:43

BRAVO Reptile!

Well said

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: October 15, 2005 16:53

Look at all the songs on the entire Four Flicks set. You could combine them and have something like (while being realistic):

1. Start Me Up
2. If You Can't Rock Me
3. Don't Stop
4. Monkey Man
5. No Expectations
6. Stray Cat Blues
7. Worried About You
8. Wild Horses
9. Midnight Rambler
10. That's How Strong My Love Is
11. Slipping Away
12. Happy
13. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
14. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
15. When The Whip Comes Down
16. Honky Tonk Women
17. Respectable
18. I Just Wanna Make Love To You
19. Street Fighting Man
20. Sympathy For The Devil
21. Jumping Jack Flash

Solid

Date: October 15, 2005 17:10

If you have problems with this set list...you have PROBLEMS!

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: October 15, 2005 20:15

Reptile said
"Yeah, well, you know some Stones-fans, they're not of grateful nature. They've gotten more rarities in the club shows than the Stones have done in 30 years. They don't care. It's never enough. They've been spoiled with bootlegs. 25 years ago, there were hardly bootlegs. You were happy to catch one or two shows while lying in line for the tickets in a sleepling bag two days.

Now, with a single click of the mouse, you order 15 tickets for every show in the U.S. They go see all of them, and come back saying "THEY PLAYED THE SAME SONGS!! FRAUD BASTARDS!!". "

I CouldĀ“nt agree more.Absolutely right. I remenber the first time I put my hands on a Bootleg!! I Had to get it, and about sleeping in the street to get the tickets that reminds me of 1990 to get the first tickets for Urban Jungle...
very well said Reptile

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1484
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home