Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Souvenier merchandise this tour is p-ss poor...
Posted by: R ()
Date: October 13, 2005 23:18

I got an e-mail blast from the rollingstones.com offering me the "opportunity" to buy an exclusive fan-club t-shirt. It is the butt-ugliest design I've ever seen and there have been a plethora of butt-ugly designs available for purchase on this tour. Moreover, when you get your hands on the stuff the shirts are all that cheap, thin cotton that runs small. The caps are the sort of generic, shapeless kind that also run small. I have NEVER seen the quality of souvenier merchandise on a Stones tour as shabby as this.

It certainly was not the case with LICKS. Top drawer stuff all the way. Hats were thick and well made with bills so thick they could embroider lettering 1/8" thick on the edge. Not so with the shapeless, paper thin bills on the new caps.

Those of you looking forward to shows, shop carefully. I'm pretty sure they are counting on you to buy willy-nilly at the show which is why they've allowed such crap to be sold. Why put an extra dollar into a t-shirt? It would cut into the $31 margin they are making I suppose.

Anybody been to the shows and bought anything agree with me? Disagree?

Re: Souvenier merchandise this tour is p-ss poor...
Posted by: Steven ()
Date: October 13, 2005 23:22

I recently bought some very nice Lix T-shirt, hooded sweatshirts, and 72 tour stuff at Pennys in the $10 range. Kohls has similar deals including $5 hats. I will not pay $35 for the butt ugly liquid tongue or chippy logos on a T-shirt. All my money is in the ticket this time around.

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: October 13, 2005 23:47

They have a couple of nice things but not much. I would buy much more probably if they got rid of the chippy tongue. Use the liquid or just classic one!!

I like the thick T-shirts from Licks with the tongue on the left breast. I hate the ones that have stuff all over and are just too loud.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 13, 2005 23:51

this is the worst looking selection i've ever seen. u'd think for the $ they're charging, they'd get a little better selection of crap to peddle.

Posted by: gut ()
Date: October 14, 2005 00:12

To be truthful, I won't buy anything from the Stones site. Too Expensive.

WalMart has had better looking T's, at least while they have them in stock.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 14, 2005 01:00

Usually I like the T's but this tour's stuff is pretty much exactly as R describes it: not worth your time.

On the other hand, thank goodness I don't go to a Stones concert just to shop for clothes.

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: October 14, 2005 02:23

Baseball cap (black) with classic tongue logo and velcro strap-please!!!

$33 bucks ought to get that at least! Not this liquid shit!

I agree "R", some crap out there thus far for the merchandise collector.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: October 14, 2005 07:30

I could never bring myself to purchase anything from their merch booths, no matter how enticing it might be. Something tells me that I should holdon to my $45 instead of buying a single tshirt. I'll spend $15 on ebay, get the exact same shirt, and then take the $30 and spend it somewhere else. Hell, gas money.

Date: October 14, 2005 08:38

The green shirts with the mask look like someone puked on them.

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: October 14, 2005 09:54

I didn't buy anything on the last tours and I won't buy anything on this tour. I have the BiggerBang T-Shirt together with the CD. That T-Shir is really nice with teh bigger bang photo.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: October 14, 2005 10:04

those green shirts with the mask are my favorite! i think its kind of cool that they matched the lips to a woman. however, i didn't like the dragon with the lips on the '81 tour shirts

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 14, 2005 11:06

Merchandise quality at an all-time low - merchandise prices at an all time high...now that really tells something about clever profit optimizing.....
just say "NO" and you can sleep well. I always say no when someone offers me something that gives me the bad feeling that it is not worth the requested money at all. I just don't want to buy anything with a bad feeling, regardless if it's from the Stones or anybody else.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 14, 2005 13:17

The Buddhist Punk shirts from 2002 are very cool.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: October 14, 2005 13:36

The jock straps are of a particularly poor quality.

Oily.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 14, 2005 23:06

If any of you recall from the 40 Licks Tour, the official website had a merchandise blowout sale around Thanksgiving. Many items were half off for one day. Keep checking the emails they send you. They did a couple blow-out sales throughout that tour from what I recall. I got a couple unique shirts for under $20 and the Bobbleheads about 1/3 the price.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: October 14, 2005 23:13

ya,the shirts & hats blow ,,but 2 me ,,best program ever

Date: October 14, 2005 23:20

i only buy programs at shows.
I have over 200 programs from the past 20 years. The Stones have always had great prices on them. The rest is way too much
The bootleg shirts outside the venue have been better than the real ones.
I like the blinking tounge pins

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1081
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home