Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Good Area in Memphis.
Posted by: virgil ()
Date: October 9, 2005 20:29

Going to the Memphis show does anbody know a good area to stay in thats convientant to the sites.

Re: Good Area in Memphis.
Posted by: tomk ()
Date: October 10, 2005 02:06

Sleep Inn at Court Square, 40 Front Street.
Pretty reasonable prices, it's by the river,
near Beale Street, and near the gig.
All within walking distance. The trolly car stops out front.

Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: October 10, 2005 02:11

nashville

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: October 10, 2005 18:49

tomk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sleep Inn at Court Square, 40 Front Street.
> Pretty reasonable prices, it's by the river,
> near Beale Street, and near the gig.
> All within walking distance. The trolly car stops
> out front.

Thanks Tomk,

I will check it out.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: October 11, 2005 19:33

Peabody of course is most famous and within walking distance of everything.

Best Western Benchmark (on Union) is reasonable and close to everything, right across the street from the Peabody. I've stayed here many times. Nothing fancy, but reasonably priced and good location.

Sleep Inn is a bit nicer than Best Western, but a bit longer walk to everything (can take the trolly though). Have stayed here a few times, includes breakfast.

Hampton Inn probably has the best location, but may be as expensive as Peabody.

There's a Comfort Inn that's near the Sleep Inn that's reasonable. Have stayed here a time or two, similar to Best Western Benchmark. There's a new hotel near the Comfort Inn too that I can't remember the name of...

I think there's a Radisson downtown too near the Best Western and Peabody, and a Holiday Inn next to Best Western as well.

Great BBQ at the Rendezvous (alley across from Peabody/next to Best Western & Holiday Inn). Silky O'Sullivans on Beale is the most fun bar anywhere. Rum Boogie on Beale always has a great house band. A bit closer to the river, a block or so north of Beale is a fun type of pub called the Flying Saucer that has a huge beer selection.

Wish I was going...(although I make it to Memphis for brief vacations once/twice a year!).

Posted by: gut ()
Date: October 11, 2005 22:34

Silky O'Sullivan is the coolest man on Beale Street. Be sure to say hello to him...he is very approachable and will probably say hello first anyway.

Make sure to hit the Lunchtime buffet at B.B. Kings restuarant too. Fantastic Delta soul food.....fried catfish, okra, black-eyed peas...great down home cooking for a big time restuarant..

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1386
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home