Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

incredible durham set list
Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: October 9, 2005 17:48

better than bon jovi isn't it ?

Re: incredible durham set list
Posted by: sladog ()
Date: October 9, 2005 18:31

It was an awesome show. Keith was a in a great mood as he was prowling the stage, smiling and tearing into his guitar. Wild Horsed and Dead Flowers were great to hear back to back. Lot of very cute college babes there as well.

My section was awesome as they did not sit down at all.

Great show!!

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: October 9, 2005 20:42

Best stadium show I've seen, fantastic sound! Keith and Ron both seemed to be fully engaged, probably because of the sound (me thinks).

I even enjoyed Trey Anastasio, and believe me that's saying a lot! Sent a full review to Bjornulf, should show-up soon.

karl

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: October 9, 2005 22:58

thank's for your enthusiasm glad for you both

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: October 9, 2005 23:14

I was also at the show. One thing that needs to be said was that the Stones were not only great, but LOUD. The guitar mix was extreme, and Ronnie Wood blistered every song. He was great from start to finish, nailing every note, and every solo. The crowd rocked, with nearly everyone in the stadium on their feet at least 90% of the time.

I have long had hearing loss from loud music, but I'l tell you my ears were numb by the middle of the show. In fact, the sound was very close to too loud to enjoy if you can believe that's possible.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 9, 2005 23:28

One thing I'm glad to see in the reviews of this tour has been the consistently positive reviews about the overall quality of the sound system.

Its about @#$%& time that they got it sorted out. For an act as big and as great as the Stones and with the amount of money it costs to see them, theres no excuse for an often 3rd rate sound mix with muddy guitars.

I wonder do they have a new sound crew in for this tour or something and was there a conscious decision to change things because they werent satisfied with it previously?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 10, 2005 00:22

Really good show in Durham last night! Sound was perfect.
Keith and Ronnie in fine form.
Rough Justice switching places with ONNYA was a welcome change.
Also, Dead Flowers went down really well.
Keith greeted the North Carolina crowd with a "Hello Dixie!"
The crowd responded loudly to the "cherry red" part in YCAGWYW, which Mick seemed to really enjoy.

There was a special event shirt with reference to the Blue Devil of the Duke football team.
Next stop, Philadelphia,

Posted by: lonecrapshooter ()
Date: October 10, 2005 00:49

Gazza, yes there is a new sound crew. I said hello to the guys on the floor in Albany and thanked them personally!

Posted by: Apt. #9 ()
Date: October 10, 2005 02:21

This was my first show, along with the drummer of the band I am in. I have seen sone good shows, Clapton, KISS, Skynyrd, ZZ Top, this was by far the best, no offense to the others. The set rocked!!! Glad to hear Dead Flowers and Wild Horses. I had a great view from the B stage, about 25 ft away.

I thought Keith and Ron both rocked hard. Keith really tore it up on Sympathy. It seemed the crowd was really into it, and you could tell the band reacted well to the enthusiasm.

I always knew they were the greatest, even without seeing them, but last night proved everything I thought.

I am glad that I will be able to say to my grandkids that I saw the greatest rock band ever!

"When I was a junkie I learned to ski, and I recorded Exile on Mainstreet" Keith Richards

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 10, 2005 14:20

I envy you, Erik... On place, huh?
Will you go to Philly & Atlanta too?

A real hillbilly setlist if you ask me; But WH & DF in the same night
may not be "The Worst". grinning smiley

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 10, 2005 14:32

Yes, I'm still in NC.
Will leave for Philadelphia in a couple of hours.
That mini-Sticky Fingers set (WH, DF, Bitch) reminded me of some Licks shows,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1675
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home