Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Members of the Stones
Posted by: deuce ()
Date: October 8, 2005 03:50

Now, I don't know why I'm even saying this. Maybe it's because I have recently become a drummer (thanks to Mr. Chaz Watts) but it bugs me when people only associate the Stones with Mick. I know he's the frontman, I know he's an icon...but so much more goes on within the Stones. Don't get me wrong, Mick is a huge part of the band. No Mick Jagger = No Rolling Stones. But I just wish there was more emphasis on the band as a whole, you know? I wish people would view them as this kickass rock band (like I do and like all of you do) where every member is as important as the next (some of you would argue that point, but I think it's true...every member brings something to the table even if they arent writing the songs). I wasn't around in the 60's but when I see footage and photos it just seems to be much more of a "cozy" looking unit. They look like a band where every member is equal and they are hungry for success.

Obviously theres no need to be hungry for success anymore, but it just seems like the general folk or even the most casual of fans will just associate the band with Mick Jagger. I love Mick. It's hard for me to word this the right way because I don't want to sound too negative in anyway, I'm hoping some of you will understand what I'm saying though...

Re: Members of the Stones
Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 8, 2005 03:56

I'd like to see Keith take a greater role, but he seems to have lost interest in writing new songs. Jagger wrote 13 songs on A Bigger Bang, Keith wrote three. Even though Mick has always gotten the most attention, it used to be that real fans new Mick and Keith were musical equals. Not now though. I love Keith but he is standing still or even regressing some, while Jagger is still learning new tricks (slide guitar, bass, etc.)

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 8, 2005 03:58

i think the fans deep into the stones music realize the great chemistry within the Stones thats creates the "magic"...but for the casual fan or non fan, Micks the one....he's been a media favorite for a long time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-08 03:58 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 8, 2005 05:51

Leonard Keringer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i think the fans deep into the stones music
> realize the great chemistry within the Stones
> thats creates the "magic"...but for the casual fan
> or non fan, Micks the one....he's been a media
> favorite for a long time
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 10/08/05 03:58 by
> Leonard Keringer.

The media is hypnotized by his giant lips, swaying gently to and fro in the breeze.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: October 8, 2005 06:11

Don't fret...listen to the applause during the band intros...it's there for Ronnie, Charlie, and Keith.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1402
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home