Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sticky Finger in MONO
Posted by: Charles ()
Date: October 6, 2005 20:23

Hello Stonesboarders,

I have read that this album was entirely released in mono, presumably in Britain or Brasil. What doesn't suprise me is its scarcity on wax but rather its omission from the whole sea of extant bootlegs. If we got the 8 disc Satanic sessions, why wouldn't we get the Sticky Fingers mono cd? The alternate takes cd is great and has some of the tracks in mono but what about the entire album?

Has anyone heard this album in mono?

Later,

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Re: Sticky Finger in MONO
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 6, 2005 20:24

Would that be interessting?

Posted by: davido ()
Date: October 6, 2005 20:42

A lot of late era mono albums were collpased mono.
I wonder if that applies here?

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: October 6, 2005 22:33

Only "Real" mono release is the hens teeth rare US PROMO Mono edition. Very dark, mono mix...but wonderful. Dont know of ANY other mono edition....
Only a handful of copies known to exist.

JR

Posted by: turd ()
Date: October 6, 2005 23:31

I am sure this was never released in mono in the Uk. Mono was fazed out in the Uk by the end of the 1960's.
I have the mono Beggars Banquet, that is worth getting - totally different mix, more raunchy guitars, no cackling females at the begining of SFTD and other subtle differences.
I also have the mono version of 'Let it Bleed' - but I would say the mix is the exactly the same as the stereo version - they just pushed the mono switch in the studio.
Some record companies continued to release mono albums on the reel to reel (or open reel) tape format - I have no idea if this was the case with SF.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: October 6, 2005 23:53

Stone-relics,

I presume that you heard this hens teeth dark mix? Do you own it? If so, have you ever considered burning it onto cd and making it available in any kind of format in any kind of forum (trades, ebay, etc.)

I wonder whether the mono Abbey Road from Brasil was also collapsed mono. If so, I wonder if it's still worth listening to.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: October 7, 2005 02:24

I have heard of this version of Stickey Fingers andhave searchedlong andhard for it to no avail. It is surprising that it has not yet truned up on a CD Ihave to say. Speaking of Beatles mono versions, "The Wite Album" was also released in mono and is different than the stereo release. Quite good if you can find it!

Posted by: davido ()
Date: October 7, 2005 02:31

The Japanese Abbey Road was collapsed mono.
So was the Brit Yellow Submarine. I think this
was common in the late 60's early 70's when
mono had pretty much already been phased
out but some folks would still have
wanted them for their mono record
players.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1462
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home