Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Compilation of the stones psicodelic stuff!!help me with this
Posted by: darryljones ()
Date: September 27, 2005 23:22

SATANIC MAJESTIC THE OBSCURED MASTERPIECE OF THE STONES-MORE PSYCODELIC STUFF??

All the songs are great. I was wondering what would happened if the stones continued trough that path of physocodelic music, I even dream to have and find more songs similar like those ones...
For me satanic is one of their best albuns, at the same rank of exile, let it bleed or sticky fingers.

Moreover I am trying to make a compilation with all the psycodelic stuff of the stones. Most of that stuff is in 1967, with all the satanic albun plus dandelion, we love you and child of the moon. However, if you deepen trough most of the stones albuns you may find some songs or some parts that could be considered us pshicodelic (ex:finger print file-funkie but a bit drugie and a flying song-, monlight mile, sister morphine, or the new one laught I nearly die)

Flowers or Between the buttons are also nearly pshicodelic albuns (help me to choose the most pshycodelic songs of these two also please)

THANKS!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-29 16:13 by darryljones.

Re: SATANIC MAJESTIC THE OBSCURED MASTERPIECE OF THE STONES-MORE PSYCODELIC STUFF??
Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: September 27, 2005 23:33

Music is a very personal thing. I wish you luck in your search.

Milo NYC
Got to scrape the shit right off my shoes

Re: SATANIC MAJESTIC THE OBSCURED MASTERPIECE OF THE STONES-MORE PSYCODELIC STUFF??
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 27, 2005 23:35

satanic was a muddled mess. if u love it then u r too!

Re: more psychedelic stuff
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 27, 2005 23:44

Please Go Home

(ahem, that's not a suggestion, it's an answer to one of your questions.)
(and now that i mention it, Going Home is also distinctly psychedelic-laced, isn't it)

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: September 27, 2005 23:45

I expect to see your contributions!!!!

Date: September 27, 2005 23:47

thanks with ssoul, I also think that about that tune, great song, and one of the first psicodelic ones....

Date: September 27, 2005 23:54

really pretty much all of Buttons is distinctly psychedelic -
i remember substances that made you feel exactly the way Connection sounds ... :E

- Keith

Date: September 28, 2005 05:31

bring that joint???????????

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: September 28, 2005 05:39

Hey sssoul? Do you play guitar? Or just a big fan of the Stones? You're on top of the game for sure.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: September 28, 2005 06:25

"So on behalf of the boys in the band, and our producer, Reg Thorpe..."

Hell yeah, psychedelic! The who album, straight through to the sign off.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 28, 2005 06:39

For a smooth ride go with We Love You...Clang chain intro and the Oscar vid will dearrange ya lid. Worth the trouble to hunt down the instrumental version for the rip of the guitar sounds like a buzz-saw runnin' on acid....for the Cancer born lean over to Child Of The Moon....and there aint nothing wrong with Dandelion.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: September 28, 2005 06:46

have u had another baby ,,standin in the shadow ,, well im glad ive opened your ey ye ye eyes

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: September 28, 2005 06:54

the riff to citadel one of keiths greatest, never happen live ever

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: September 28, 2005 08:56

"Heaven" is a wonderfully psychedelic song.

Date: September 28, 2005 09:56

>> Hey sssoul? Do you play guitar? <<
heya, Rank Outsider: no, i'm just real resonant to it.
(that's a pretty compliment, thank you)

looking for the pre-Buttons psychedelia ...
besides Going Home and (as Chippy noted) HYSYMB SITS,
Paint It Black and I Am Waiting come to mind

- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-28 12:00 by with sssoul.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 28, 2005 11:50

Please DO NOT write posts in UPPER CASE. It is like shouting and not welcome here. If I see more UPPER CASE posts I will simply delete them.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 28, 2005 11:52

>All the songs are great.

???????????

> I was wondering what would happened if the stones continued trough that path of physocodelic music, I even dream to have and find more songs similar like those ones...

if they had continued, no one would be talking about them today. Its an awful record

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 28, 2005 15:16

Gazza´s - oool´ gary´s opinion - is well known.
Hats off to a heavy, cool, and blast-Stones-educated dude
....which have a peculiar/twisted/cemented taste in late 60´s music.
In my ´umble opinion. smiling smiley

But I think more & more younger fans are dwelling &
hangin out here that can listen to Majesties and the
psychedelic stuff (that´s how I spell it) with fresh, crispy ears.
So do I; that is, I´m not young, same 63´er as gary,
but inside me there is a ´ippie in disguise.
Every now & then he comes out.

But me too I prefer the stuff that somes after `67;
LIB, SF, EOMS, GHS...
At times though, I realize that Stones 1967-68-stuff
tops almost anything from that era.
- ...But I wouldnt be locked in inside a room and be forced to listen to
Sing This All Together (long version) for eight days or so...

But maybe stuck inside a room with Citadel, Dandelion, Lady Jane,
She´s A Rainbow (my fav from that time), 2,000 Men & 2,000 LYFH
(have you seen the promo videos to the latter... Or to WLY?)

Date: September 28, 2005 15:17

...And btw "Darryl"; did you see Bjornulfs words on typing BIG letters.
You can always edit your old postings. Why dont you do that? smiling smiley

Re: Satanic Majestic...
Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: September 28, 2005 16:36

Darryl, I agree wiht you that Satanic is under rated as an album. Although in my opinion it's not as good as Let It Bleed or Exile.
But it's a lot better than Dirty Work!

They should have changed a few songs:

Dandelion, We Love You and Child Of The Moon instead of The Lantern, Gomper and Sing This All Together (see what happens) et voila, you have a great album!

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: September 28, 2005 16:37

Hey Gazza,

Our Stones tastes are usually pretty similar I think (though I love Melody) but they diverge here. I am a massive fan of psychedelia, both the Brit and US variety and I reckon if Piper At The Gates Of Dawn is king (and it is) then Satanic Majesties is the uncrowned prince of psych. It slashes Pepper to ribbons and takes you much further out.

Darryl, check out the Satanic Sessions volumes 1&2 (8cds!) if you are really keen. Must admit even I was tiring after take 12 of In Another Land though. There are a couple of instrumentals on there that didn't make it onto the album. Apart from tracks listed above like Heaven and of course Continental Drift there isn't anything truly psychedelic just lysergic traces in songs like Can You Hear The Music & the "feel so mesmerised" part of Rocks Off. I'm still dreaming of hearing the mythical unreleased 'English Summer' from '67 but I'm afraid that's all it is, a myth.

"- ...But I wouldnt be locked in inside a room and be forced to listen to
Sing This All Together (long version) for eight days or so... " I've been there Baboon Bro but out of choice!

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: September 28, 2005 16:43

2000 light years , she's a rainbow , child of the moon, dandilion all great tunes...i for one would love them to play 2000 light years....when they did that in 89 it blew me away!!!! the rest of the album is very weak .. i wonder what kind of drugs they where on when they where doing that album...lsd?? lots of weed for sure....

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 28, 2005 16:53

Tseverin, Baboon etc

I dont have a problem with pyschedelic music per se - I've a pretty diverse taste in music, I think

I just think TSMR is a bad collection of songs and half arsed ideas. And its the Stones jumping on a bandwagon and doing something they dont do well or naturally. Normally I have no problem with them branching out musically. Some of my favourite songs are tracks that are a million miles from their traditional sound (eg "Continental Drift")

the other Stones songs that have been listed that could fall into the 'pyschedelic' category are generally very good and in some cases, excellent

Whilst it has a few moments of magic, I just find more than half of TSMR to be absolutely unlistenable.

I've grown to love a lot of Stones tracks and albums over the last 25 years or so that didnt grab me when I was younger, but the appeal of this one still eludes me

Date: September 28, 2005 17:18

>> instead of The Lantern <<

hey! The Lantern is one of my favorite tracks on SM -
just listen to that guitar, it's *beautiful!*
there's plenty of room for your good additions without booting out The Lantern.

- Keith

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 28, 2005 17:23

I must say I generally hate psychedelia, flower power, trip-music, etc. but I do like Satanic.

It is NOT rock and roll, but it still is very very stonesy.

Who cares if it is not a masterpiece. At least it is something different. There are thousands of good ideas, maybe still undeveloped, but all the same.

All in all I'm happy to have Satanic and not another "back to the roots" blues album.

C

Date: September 28, 2005 19:22

Sory about the capital letters, I am new here!
And what about flowers or between the buttoms, I think those albuns are like there initial step, to record their satanic....(if you also reckon this, try to remark some song or some parts)
Please, try to think about more songs excluding the satanic ones.....
Yes rocks off final part has 30 second which are very lisergic, and another part of let it loose.I also find very druggy, ventilator blues and I just wanna see his face. Andu goota move, monlight mile or sister morphine, have some pshicodelic touchs.

Date: September 28, 2005 19:28

Lady jane!!! That oriental-medieval guitar, is great, and very potty

Date: September 28, 2005 19:29

And Charlies moustasche & shades at the Ed Sullivan-performance of
it is awesome... Not to mention far-out Brian.

Re: Satanic Majestic...More psicodelic stuff???????
Date: September 29, 2005 16:11

what about that one???????
charlie moustache and shades?you must be joking, where i find that one?

Date: September 29, 2005 16:18

For your compilation of "psychedelia" I recommend

Sympathy for the Devil [studio, there are also some psycho outtakes]
Gimme shelter
Monkey man [great ape noises by Mick]
Can you hear the music [with flutes!]

Besides there are some fine outtakes from the period (1967) and there is the soundtrack for "Invocation of my demon brother"

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1677
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home