Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sound at the Hollywood Bowl?
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 27, 2005 02:55

anyone out there in stonesland ever been to a show at the hollywood bowl...if so, how's the sound there?....just wondering way ahead of time in anticipation of Nov. 8....best wishes all

Re: Sound at the Hollywood Bowl?
Posted by: Halup ()
Date: September 27, 2005 04:06

It all depends on where you sit. I go to shows there a lot and since the remodelling n early 2004, I have noticed the sound is better for rock shows. Before the remodelling, if you were up high, the volume was never loud enough, and since you are far from the stage up there, the audience would end up tlaking a lot, ruining the show for those trying hard to hear. I was just there on Saturday for Pavarotti in section K3 and the sound was ok there, not as loud as at a rock show though. I saw Oasis there 2 weeks ago in section E and it was pretty loud. For the Stones show, I went the cheap route with the $63 tickets, but may try to sneak up closer, a technique that has worked well for me in the past.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 27, 2005 04:15

thanks for the info Halup...i'll be in section P...either way i'll be extremely happy to be there....the new cd has got me exited...hope they add some more new ones by then....enjoy the show there.....best to all

Posted by: sawbelly ()
Date: September 27, 2005 06:22

Halup Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It all depends on where you sit. I go to shows
> there a lot and since the remodelling n early
> 2004, I have noticed the sound is better for rock
> shows. Before the remodelling, if you were up
> high, the volume was never loud enough, and since
> you are far from the stage up there, the audience
> would end up tlaking a lot, ruining the show for
> those trying hard to hear. I was just there on
> Saturday for Pavarotti in section K3 and the sound
> was ok there, not as loud as at a rock show
> though. I saw Oasis there 2 weeks ago in section E
> and it was pretty loud. For the Stones show, I
> went the cheap route with the $63 tickets, but may
> try to sneak up closer, a technique that has
> worked well for me in the past.

Any hints on sneaking up? That place is huge and I am a little worried about being so far away. I saw REM/Wilco there, sat half way up and it felt like I was a mile away.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: September 27, 2005 06:27

the sound system was crappy for many years until we saw clapton there last august and what a difference !!!!-----the whole place had been re-done and it sounds so much better--thats why i was excited about these bowl shows...they're gonna be all-time classic stones gigs.....except for the ungodly choice of opener--joss stone!!???---- jeez'....mick must be banging her or something....yuck....

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: September 27, 2005 11:50

On the 8th...notr worried I am in pool circle, but the 6th has me in K1. I also have a freind in S. Since the remodeling, will my freind in S even here anything?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1732
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home