Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sympathy For The Devil "curse"
Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: September 26, 2005 05:34

Is it me or does something funny/strange/odd always seem to happen when they play that song? I seem to recall at the now infamous Altamont concert, Mick saying something along the lines of "Something funny always happens when we do that number." At that same concert the Hell's Angels killed a guy by the name of Meredith Hunter. I believe that it took place during SFTD. Also, when the Stones played in Ottawa recently, there was that technical screw-up with the loop or something like that. This apparently got Keith and Charlie quite angry. Now I read that some goof made his way onstage last night in Columbus, passed security and ran over to where the back-up singers were. Is this correct? Now I know that all these can be called coincidences, but I'm starting to think that playing that song is something of a curse! lol Your thoughts?

P.S. - If I screwed up any facts, I apologize.smiling smiley

Re: Sympathy For The Devil "curse"
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 26, 2005 05:55

I believe they were playing Under My Thumb at Altamont when the incident took place. Two incidents over 36 years doesn't necessary make it a "curse". smiling smiley

Posted by: RubyKel ()
Date: September 26, 2005 06:03

You are right DGA35, it was during UMT when Meredith Hunter was stabbed. It's a big misconception that it was during SFTD. I believe because it sounds more "sinister" saying it happened during the latter.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 26, 2005 06:09

Cursed...yeah I've been spooked ever since I heard it back in sixty eight...OW!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: john r ()
Date: September 26, 2005 06:28

I think I'd be pretty spooked if I saw Charlie Watts stand up (did he put on a jacket & tie?) from his drum kit, turn & leave the stage in the middle of a number. Followed by Keith.
And then they turn up the click track.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1429
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home