Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith : No "posing" on this tour
Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: September 25, 2005 16:00

Keith seems to be back to his normal self on this tour. I have ssen them twice so far and his movement onstage seems very natura. He seems more relaxed, sitting on Charlie's drum riser at times, just hanging and playing. He is still pretty animated, as he always has been especially when sonically accenting a note or chord.....but it is subtle again and not over the top.

Milo, NYC
Put ya hand on the heat

Re: Keith : No "posing" on this tour
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 25, 2005 19:54

Seen them thrice, would agree. Quite a bit of hanging out with Ron and Daryl, sitting on Charlie's drum riser, and in general - grinning from ear to ear the whole time. The man's a star !

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: September 25, 2005 21:31

He's too busy trying to remember the lyrics to all those different songs he's playing on this tour to pose. Oh no, wait, that can't be it. Jesus, Keith, please give us something other than the worst or infamy!

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: September 25, 2005 21:50

ohnonotyouagain says "Keith, please give us something other than the worst or infamy!"

You Got The Silver, perhaps? Oh, no, not Happy again...

Date: September 26, 2005 04:09

There has been some posing but,not too much.A little is alright by me if it doesn't disrupt the songs.I vote for How Can I Stop,Coming Down Again,Connection,This Place Is Empty a handful of times,and The Harder They Come.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 26, 2005 04:22

Yeah, he is a bit more restrained, which is most welcome. I used to love his mugging and posing, but it became so rote and overdone that I almost cringed last time out.

There's nothing better than seeing him hanging out with Darryl and Ronnie and just laying down a nice, solid groove. That's the perfect vision of a working band.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: September 26, 2005 07:11

My belief is that the "posing" was generated by the shitheads running the giant TV screen above the stage, telling the band "move around, give them something to look at".

On this tour I noticed something different about the giant video screen and how it is used. On the last few tours the image on the screen changed every three to four seconds.....a pretty frantic pace. On this tour that is out. I have watched all different members of the band for 30, 40 seconds at a time on the big screen.....and what a welcome change the newer pace is. Changing shots every 3 to 4 seconds made my head spin..........so far this tour, they let you get a good long look instead of a snippet. I hope they keep it up.

Can't wait for my 2 January Shows in MSG.

Milo, NYC
Throw me down the keys

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: September 26, 2005 08:33

Maybe he's just tired of all the posing and just wants to play.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1505
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home