Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Thanks people....
Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: September 25, 2005 11:28

Thanks for posting so much nonsense here lately. The Tell Me forum was once the trustworth source for Stones information. Nowadays it is so boring, the tone is so aggressive and people can't even post a correct set list anymore. Sad, but true...

I hope BV is taking action soon, because the information is still appreciated.

Sjouke

Re: Thanks people....
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: September 25, 2005 11:29

Oh come on, I like it here. As I said before, if you hate being here, just don't come. I'm having fun and if I weren't why would I still be here all the time.

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: September 25, 2005 11:32

I used to come here for many years before you, reptile. I just don't feel at home anymore. And I know, many people with me, have this feeling.

But it is these modern internet days, where everybody is just typing and not thinking. This disease is spreading around quite fast.

Sjouke

Date: September 25, 2005 11:36

Hmm well, what exactly is it you want then?

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: September 25, 2005 12:07

People here are so sensitive on this site.
Are you all that sensitive in real life?
If so, it must be hard to leave the house!

Date: September 25, 2005 12:13

Rank Outsider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> People here are so sensitive on this site.
> Are you all that sensitive in real life?
> If so, it must be hard to leave the house!
>

I agree...

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: September 25, 2005 12:15

There may be an overall "gloom" in the air.

The sun is square mars. This feels like our logical self is battling with our emotional core. There's a "power vs. softness" conflict... a confusion and "battle" at the very yin/yang core of our being...

The moon is square mercury. More challenges expressing our emotions. A "heavy" or grave quality to our expression.

All within the context of the "7th" year (2005 = 5+2 = 7), ruled by deep mysterious Ketu... the "year of the loner", the "introspective year", when our thoughts turn to deep and secretive subjects...

BUT... it's also the Year of the Rooster, which doesn't particularly thrive in "7" years, but is an irrepressible character and will soon "poke out" through the gloom, if only for a bit....

Just remember the words of John Fogerty:

"Saw the Gypsy Man... way down in San Berdoo...
Five dollars on the table... Keep me away from my tomb...

...I got 13 months of bad luck... bound to be some pain...
Don't you do no travlin' .... or fly in no machines...

...everytime I get some good news.... ohhh, there's a shadow on my back..."

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-25 12:21 by BornOnTheBayou.

Date: September 25, 2005 12:16

Okay now you've lost me...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 25, 2005 12:16

House!!... whats that? I live in a cage...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: sater ()
Date: September 25, 2005 12:20

Rank Outsider Wrote:
> People here are so sensitive on this site.
> Are you all that sensitive in real life?
> If so, it must be hard to leave the house!
>

That's true!!!!!..If you are so sensitive go Disney forumsmiling smileyAnd life is a one big joke..isn't it??

Date: September 25, 2005 12:22

sater Wrote:
> Rank Outsider Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > People here are so sensitive on this site.
> > Are you all that sensitive in real life?
> > If so, it must be hard to leave the house!
> >
>
>
> That's true!!!!!..If you are so sensitive go
> Disney forumAnd life is a one big joke..isn't it??

Hey! I got copyright on the Disney-idea!

Posted by: sater ()
Date: September 25, 2005 13:05

OH i forgot about this..smiling smileysmiling smileyPlease forgive mesmiling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 25, 2005 14:05

You have the two extremes:

(A): IORR.org is a closed place where IORR magazine subscribers only can meet and talk. There would be no "strangers" and I would hardly have to ban or delete or "clean up" after people because people would know the rules. Easy for me. Esy for you. No worries. Like a family party. You know who is coming. You know who has got a big mouth and who is not controlling his temper. But you will be ok, because you know everybody.

(cool smiley: IORR.org is an open place where anybody can say what they like. Free flow of information. It's like going in a strange city at nights. You feel unsafe. People may attack you and your feelings. But then again some times you meet interesting people and interesting opinions. You stumble across people in trouble and people getting at you but you ignore them and you move on.

I try to get the best of both worlds. The closed IORR would have a thousand or so visitors only. Limitied information flow. The all open IORR has got more than one million visitors. There are a few rats that are invading IORR.org at times trying to make it look bad, so that IORR visitors should feel unsafe and go other places, but I kill these rats and work hard on making it social and safe enough for all of us.

Bjornulf

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: September 25, 2005 14:18

Keep doing it the way you are BV. You have the right formula.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: September 25, 2005 16:46

Thanks BV.

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: September 25, 2005 16:50

I just think a lot of people are so nervous about the tour and album and not seen them yet and have to get rid of their adrenaline...

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: September 25, 2005 17:10

I think it also has to do with the tour starting, the new album. It will become the same again!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 25, 2005 17:11

Sjouke Wrote:
> Thanks for posting so much nonsense here lately.
> The Tell Me forum was once the trustworth source
> for Stones information. Nowadays it is so boring,
> the tone is so aggressive and people can't even
> post a correct set list anymore. Sad, but true...
>
> I hope BV is taking action soon, because the
> information is still appreciated.
>
> Sjouke

the only thing 'wrong' with the setlists that were posted was the running order of a couple of songs

The posts were second hand information based on phone calls from a noisy arena with 20,000 people listening to music played at high volume or text messages which can often come through out of sequence due to the difficulties in getting a signal when hundreds of other people are probably on their phone in the same place at the same time

A lot of people would understandably not want to bother spending their time phoning/texting setlists at a concert that theyve paid a lot to see. I think they deserve a lot of thanks for choosing to do so.

Perhaps, you'd prefer to wait (like in the pre-internet days) for weeks or months (or forever) to find out what the band played. Even if you cant get the setlist as its being played, you can bet it'll be posted in its correct form within minutes of the show ending. Sorry if thats not satisfactory enough for you.

If thats something that really concerns you to such a degree, I think its you who is the one with the problem. Not everyone else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-25 18:07 by Gazza.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: September 25, 2005 17:57

BV, you're doing a great job! This is basicly a great place to share thoughts and information. I rely on it alot! Not everyone can agree on a subject as close to our hearts as the Stones are! It's the differences that keep it interesting.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: September 26, 2005 00:37

BV you are doing a great job, keep it up!

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: September 26, 2005 01:10

Quite frankly, I find coming here very refreshing all because of one common bond - The Stones!!! I only know of one of my friends that actually likes and appreciates the Stones as much as I do. Imagine my delight when I log in here and there's literally thousands of people worldwide that feel the same way about them as me! That's a great feeling! And BV, keep doing the excellent job that you're doing! Amen!smiling smiley

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: September 26, 2005 05:30

I love this guy BV..."I will KILL these rats!" You go boy! Ain't no one going to mess arou here LOL.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 898
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home