Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

SWAY IN TORONTO!
Posted by: canadian.sway ()
Date: September 25, 2005 07:39

please please please

if its true that sway was played in OHIO,
please allow the gods to shine and have SWAY played in Toronto.

everyone say a small prayer please,
my friends and i rocking out to the song right now in celebration

LOVE YOU LIVE
SWAY

Re: SWAY IN TORONTO!
Posted by: southboundtrain ()
Date: September 25, 2005 08:13

A very appropriate response from canadian.sway.

I felt "completed" by a stones song when the played "Memory Motel" for the first time during Voodoo Lounge. That would be a good discussion...what song at Stones show (it has to be somewhat obscure) was so amazing you'll never forget it? Crazy Mama was also a great moment for me.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 25, 2005 08:56

Some Girls (in my top 5 songs ever) at the '99 opener in Oakland - thought I was gonna die...and it turns out it was probably the best version of the whole tour.

Posted by: Josh2131 ()
Date: September 25, 2005 09:06

I saw them at Anaheim and Midnight Rambler was so awesome. I have to say though, JJF and Sympathy just blew me away. I've listened to those songs so many tims, but they were just on!!

I've been slowly converting my roomate into a Stone's fan (college has to be good for something) and his favorite song, by far, is crazy moma. He'd go nuts if they played it at the 1st hollywood bowl show.

Josh

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 25, 2005 15:27

Yes, let's hope that Columbus was a warm up for Toronto, the Stones' favorite city (at least for tax purposes).

southbound, I think your question is worth a separate thread. My songs would include Torn'n'Frayed, Far Away Eyes, Hand of Fate, and CYHMK.

Posted by: davido ()
Date: September 25, 2005 17:10

When they pulled Mr. Ptiful of of their hat
at the Phoenix. Wow! It has to be seen
and heard to be appreciated!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: September 25, 2005 18:07

Canadian Sway, I truly hope you get your wish and Stones Magic comes through for you! Even though it was not an A+ version of SWAY, I do hope to hear it in Philly in October! I want to hear Mr. Pitiful too and LAUGH, I NEARLY DIED and A few new ones from ABB. I love this cd and hope the tunes they rehearsed, they actually play!

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: September 25, 2005 18:09

They will not do Sway at a Stadium. Sorry

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 25, 2005 18:26

virgil Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They will not do Sway at a Stadium. Sorry

But it's Toronto smiling smiley

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: September 25, 2005 18:29

camper88 Wrote:
> virgil Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > They will not do Sway at a Stadium. Sorry
>
>
> But it's Toronto

I will pray for you. I hope they do play and get a little more practice for it. Although I will take a shitty version any day of the week.

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: September 25, 2005 21:31

If they play it, great. If not....THEN PLEASE PLAY CITADEL FROM SATANIC MAJESTIES. Yeah right, like that's gonna happen! lol Anyways, tomorrow night should be good! I can't wait!! It's just like waiting for Christmas to come!!!smiling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 25, 2005 22:36

And Moonlight Mile for Charlotte may be?

Bjornulf

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: September 25, 2005 22:37

Sway is ok if Mick Taylor plays it in Toronto!
I would also like to hear Rain Fall Down & Dangerous Beauty. Yeah Citadel would be cool, or Continental Drift, or Moonlight Mile or a reggae tune.

[p207.ezboard.com]

Posted by: Pokalheld ()
Date: September 26, 2005 01:03

southboundtrain Wrote:
> That would be a good discussion...what song at Stones show (it has to be somewhat
> obscure) was so amazing you'll never forget it?

An absolutely highlight was Rock Me Baby with Angus & Malcolm Young in Oberhausen, Germany 2003. That was like a dream comes true. Still cannot believe, that I was allowed to see something like that. Just beautiful smiling smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 26, 2005 01:09

Boston in '99 was a helluva show for me. Moonlight Mile, Some Girls and Midnight Rambler all knocked me on my ass, figuratively speaking. What a great setlist. PIB was brilliant too.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: September 26, 2005 01:18

i hope sway makes the stadiums ,, but it probly won't ,,ill guess 1 of the 2 shows in philly will get it , then the wacky philly crowd will go ape shit & the stones will keep it in the setlist

Posted by: canadian.sway ()
Date: September 26, 2005 01:28

i can see sway not getting attention in the stadiums, however, my hopes are on high. as long as it is being played, i can rest easy knowing that it did get to see the light of day.

but i pray and pray that it will show up in toronto.

love the mp3 from ohio, interesting take on modernising the tune a little. as long as it has the melody, i love anything the stones do to let this song ring out in toronto.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1548
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home